TSN & TLN CL coverage

argh1

I see TSN only has two match day 5 games scheduled :

Man U vs Lyon on the 23rd & Real Madrid vs Leverkusen on the 24th .

RDS has Barcelona vs Celtic on the 24th .

Could Rogers please take FSWC & TLN outta the package with all those other stations I don't want :(

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since TSN (English) & RDS (Français) are the same company I wonder why they don't show different games in the same time slot all the time instead of simu-casting the same game at the same time . Probably just my greed to get more choices speaking.

quote:Originally posted by argh1

I see TSN only has two match day 5 games scheduled :

Man U vs Lyon on the 23rd & Real Madrid vs Leverkusen on the 24th .

RDS has Barcelona vs Celtic on the 24th .

Both Man U vs. Lyon and Real Madrid vs. Leverkusen are being played on Tuesday. On Wednesday, TSN wants to show golf at 4 PM EST, so they can't fit in a live Champions League match (ie. Barça vs. Celtic) at 2:45, hence they're putting on Real Madrid vs. Leverkusen from the previous day at 2:00 instead. They're also showing golf at 11:30 PM EST on both nights, the timeslot in which they had previously been showing their extra Champions League matches. So essentially golf is the reason for TSN dropping two matches this week.

TLN will have Juventus vs. Ajax on Tuesday and Milan vs. Shakhtar Donetsk on Wednesday, both live.

Could Rogers please take FSWC & TLN outta the package with all those other stations I don't want :(

Are you saying that you want FSWC but don't want the other channels that come with it? Can't you get it by itself, for something like $3 per month (plus box rental)?

Since TSN (English) & RDS (Français) are the same company I wonder why they don't show different games in the same time slot all the time instead of simu-casting the same game at the same time . Probably just my greed to get more choices speaking.

They are the same company at the top, but they are run separately, seemingly in every way. Not everyone gets RDS, including those of us in southern Ontario (before digital we couldn't get it at all, now we can get it but have to pay extra (I guess it's like TLN is for you)).

Anyone watch the Champion's League Weekly on TSN before the match? What was Del Piero wearing in his interview? It looked like a Canadian team training suit. It was red and white and had a maple leaf on the upper left side.

Too bad no one is showing the Dynamo-Roma match. I wonder what the atmosphere will be like in the stadium in Kiev with all the political protests going on in the city.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey.....after Match Day 5 cut-back we get 6 games on TSN this week:

Porto vs Chelsea & Panathinaikos vs PSV Eindhoven on Tuesday and Arsenal vs Rosenberg ,Roma vs Real , Liverpool vs Olympiacos & Deportivo vs Monaco on Wednesday carry over to after midnight technically Thursday.

RDS is showing Porto vs Chelsea & Roma vs Real :(

• 1 month later...

Wow, with TLN and TSN together, we will get insane coverage of the next CL round:

Feb 22: Real Madrid vs. Juventus - 2:30 p.m. et - TSN

Feb 22: Real Madrid vs. Juventus - 2:30 p.m. et - TLN (Spanish)

Feb 22: Real Madrid vs. Juventus - 8:30 p.m. et - TLN (Italian)

Feb 22: Bayern Munich vs. Arsenal - midnight et - TSN

Feb 23: Liverpool vs. Bayer Leverkusen - Noon et - TSN

Feb 23: Milan vs. Man United - 4:00 p.m. et - TLN (Spanish)

Feb 23: Milan vs. Man United - 7:00 p.m. et - TSN

Feb 23: Porto vs. Inter - 8:30 p.m. et - TLN (Italian)

Feb 23: Porto vs. Inter - 9:00 p.m. et - TSN

Feb 23: Werder Bremen vs. Lyon - midnight et - TSN

quote:Feb 23: Werder Bremen vs. Lyon - midnight et - TSN

Bremen x Lyon? *yawn* ... Strange choice of games considering the Barca x Chelsea game is on ESPN Dos and, hence, just as available for TSN to show. I guess the one advantage is that the Bremen x Lyon score will NOT be mentioned during the United x Milan match.

quote:Originally posted by amacpher

Bremen x Lyon? *yawn* ... Strange choice of games considering the Barca x Chelsea game is on ESPN Dos and, hence, just as available for TSN to show. I guess the one advantage is that the Bremen x Lyon score will NOT be mentioned during the United x Milan match.

It may be that TSN does not have the Canadian rights to show Barca-Chelsea. Instead those rights belong to Setanta Sports.

• 2 weeks later...

Albeit on lengthy tape-delays, TSN has added both Barcelona vs. Chelsea and PSV vs. Monaco — meaning we'll get every Round of 16, First Leg match! Strangely, though, there is no live match on the second day.

Here's the updated schedule, with TSN's broadcasts highlighted in blue (follow those and you'll see everything!) (all times EST):

ROUND OF 16, FIRST LEG

Tuesday, February 22

2:45 PM - TSN - Real Madrid vs. Juventus [LIVE]

2:45 PM - RDS - Real Madrid vs. Juventus [LIVE, French]

2:45 PM - TLN - Real Madrid vs. Juventus [LIVE, Spanish]

8:30 PM - TLN - Real Madrid vs. Juventus [italian]

Wednesday, February 23

12:00 AM - TSN - Bayern Munich vs. Arsenal

12:00 AM - RDS - Real Madrid vs. Juventus [French]

<s>12:00 PM</s> LAST-MINUTE CHANGE!!! 12:30 PM - TSN - Liverpool vs. Bayer Leverkusen

LAST-MINUTE ADDITION!!! 2:45 PM - TSN - Manchester United vs. Milan [LIVE]

2:45 PM - RDS - Manchester United vs. Milan [LIVE, French]

4:00 PM - TLN - Manchester United vs. Milan [spanish]

7:00 PM - TSN - Manchester United vs. Milan

8:30 PM - TLN - Porto vs. Inter [italian]

9:00 PM - TSN - Porto vs. Inter

Thursday, February 24

12:00 AM - TSN - Werder Bremen vs. Lyon

12:00 PM - TSN - PSV vs. Monaco

Friday, February 25

<s>12:00 PM</s> UPDATED!!! 3:30 AM - TSN - Barcelona vs. Chelsea

quote:Originally posted by Rivaldo

That'll suck for those who set the VCR for 12:00-2:00.

That's me. [B)] :(

quote:Looks like Man U vs. Milan is on TSN Live immediately after. The golf was postponed because of rain.
So are they still going to show Man U vs. Milan at 7? Because there will be many people expecting to see it at that time! I just watched it on TLN, where you get the advantage of avoiding Mr. Onion Bag but where they unfortunately gave Barcelona vs. Chelsea updates. [B)] :( It's a real chore to avoid scores.

Anyway, this TSN stuff is total crap. Yeah, it's terrific that they're showing these games, but bouncing them around at the last minute is ridiculous. I mean, the smart thing to do today would have been to keep Liverpool vs. Leverkusen at 12 and put on OTR at 2, then go to Man U vs. Milan at 2:30 and repeat it at 7. But no, this is only soccer so who cares? [xx(]

Thanks for the heads-up on the change to Barcelona vs. Chelsea. I'll update my post above so others don't miss it.

quote:Originally posted by DJT

I just watched it on TLN, where you get the advantage of avoiding Mr. Onion Bag

Yeah what choices eh! Mr. Onion bag or that effeminate okay fagotty sounding guy who sounds like he'd be happier doing Ivy League field hockey. That guy just makes my skin crawl whenever I hear his voice.I just wanna reach out and smuck 'em one "talk like a man, you over educated big worded arse-pick"

I wish RDS covered more games to avoid Mr. Upper-classman.Even if he does have an Amurikan accent. He actually makes Mr. Onion Bag the prefered choice. Who hired these ESPN guys, one Irish know-it-all and one penthouse dwelling dweeb.

ROUND OF 16, SECOND LEG (as of March 3)

All times EST.

Tuesday, March 8

2:45 PM - TSN - Chelsea vs. Barcelona [LIVE]

2:45 PM - TLN - Milan vs. Manchester United [LIVE, Spanish]

7:00 PM - TSN - Chelsea vs. Barcelona

9:00 PM - TSN - Milan vs. Manchester United

Wednesday, March 9

12:00 AM - TSN - Lyon vs. Werder Bremen

2:45 PM - TSN - Juventus vs. Real Madrid [LIVE]

7:00 PM - TSN - Juventus vs. Real Madrid

8:30 PM - TLN - Juventus vs. Real Madrid [spanish]

9:00 PM - TSN - Bayer Leverkusen vs. Liverpool

Thursday, March 10

12:00 AM - TSN - Monaco vs. PSV

Friday, March 11

12:00 AM - TSN - Arsenal vs. Bayern Munich

Tuesday, March 15

2:45 PM - TSN - Inter vs. Porto [LIVE]

2:45 PM - TLN - Inter vs. Porto [LIVE, Spanish]

8:00 PM - TSN - Inter vs. Porto

quote:Originally posted by DJT

Tuesday, March 15

2:45 PM - TSN - Inter vs. Porto [LIVE]

I was wondering if this was a misprint, but the second leg will take place a week later than the other matchups because AC Milan, which shares the San Siro with Inter, will also be home in leg 2.

Archived