TSN & TLN CL coverage

argh1

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by nolando

Who was the last Canadian to play in the Champion's League?

I'll guess Radzinski when he was with Anderlecht in 2000-01.

Cool news about the TLN Champion's League coverage. Where did you hear about it? I can't find anything on their site.

So we're getting FIVE Champions League matches this week? [:0] Wow.

So what's the proper order to watch these 2:45 EDT matches if you don't want to know the score ahead of time? TSN first or Telelatino first? amacpher, you usually know this stuff.

On Tuesday its easy: watch Celtic x Barca LIVE and tape the Inter x Bremen match.

On Wednesday, watch Leverkusen x Madrid LIVE and tape the Juve x Ajax game. Of course they'll probably mention the Man United score during the Juve/TLN game, right? Unfortunately, I can't remember if during the night-game shown by ESPN (in this case, United x Lyon) the scores of the earlier games broadcasted on ESPN are mentioned or not. I'm thinking that they probably are, so the fifth game you watch this week will probably be given away regardless of which game you choose to watch 4th. Anyway, we can't complain...

Well, I think I'll give up on trying to find a pub/bar in Ottawa that will show the Ajax game on Wednesday. Just dropped by what is one of the main soccer bars in Ottawa and noticed that they are open this Tuesday and Wednesday from 11:30 to 2:00pm and 5:00pm to last-call. I kid you not.

In a nutshell, that describes how pathetic the soccer scene is in Canada. (it might also answer the question: what do civil servants do during their three hour lunch break?)

quote:Originally posted by Rivaldo

I'll guess Radzinski when he was with Anderlecht in 2000-01.

Cool news about the TLN Champion's League coverage. Where did you hear about it? I can't find anything on their site.

I can't get TLN without buying some ridiculous digital package from Rogers that includes no other sports channels. But I see the CL games on TLN listed on soccertv.com

EDIT:

Just checked . It's the MULTICULTURAL PACKAGE includes Fairchild Television ? Asian Television Network & Telelatino.

I'm not even gonna try to tell y'all what's on the SPECIALTY PACKAGE I'd have to buy to get FSWC and RSN digital . Like 4 Much Music channels and something called Eternal Word Television amongst many others.:(

Probably end up costing a couple of hundred to get the 5 channels I wanted ;)

Had Star Choice for a bit but everytime we had a snow storm no TV . Trust me it snows in Moncton;) Yearly average snowfall 300 cm and stays all winter. Mind you our average yearly temperature is 5 c . How do they figure that out with 4 months a year the temp is in the minus temps with one November +1.4 c but July & Aug are close to 20 c so it averages plus 5 c ? Math never got it!

• 2 weeks later...

Right on TSN is showing 3 games again !

Real vs Roma 3:30 pm Tues 28th

ManU vs Fenerbahce 12:30 am Wed 29th

&

Chelsea vs Porto 3:30 pm Wed 29th ( all times my real time )

Gawd I luv mid-week games [}:)]

Is it just me or a we gettin' like alot of soccer even on regular cable . 3 EPL , 1 Ligue 1 , and 3 CL . 7 GAMES in one week and if I paid for digital or satellite even more ! Man , I know I'm old but I remember kickin' sand at a news stand waiting for the English papers to come in on a Tuesday or Wednesday to get the weekends scores :(

quote:Originally posted by DJT

It's dumb that TLN will carry the same match as TSN. The early schedule listed at soccerTV.com (before TLN officially announced it) had Juventus vs. Maccabi Tel-Aviv and Anderlecht vs. Inter. I wonder what that was all about.

They probably don't have a choice. My guess is TLN just bought the rights from ESPN to show two games per matchday. But ESPN is only showing two games involving Italian teams on this matchday, so TLN had to pick those two.

ESPN's games are as follows (in this order ... in case you don't want to see scores of games you plan to watch later):

Madrid x Roma

Man Utd x Fenerbahce

Bayern x Ajax

Chelsea x Porto

Milan x Celtic

Barca x Shakhtar

Bremen x Valencia **

Monaco x Deportivo **

All these games plus Olympiakos x Liverpool and Rosenburg x Arsenal will be easily available thru BT.

**: Scores of these games will be given out during the first 6 matches.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh boiz Oh boiz . I'm excited

Match Day 3 Tuesday 19th TSN is showing :

RÉAL MADRID vs DYNAMO KIEV

JUVENTAS vs BAYERN

and Wednesday the 20th :

MILAN vs BARÇA

CHELSEA VS RED ARMY oppppps CSKA MOSCOW

I love those old U.S.S.R. and Eastern Bloc teams ;)

Actually CSKA is still named Red Army, CSKA is the Russian abbreviation for Central Red Army. The name hasn't changed although they did finally remove the hammer and sickle from their logo about 5 years ago. Chelsea and CSKA are playing the next two games against each other and this will go a long way to determining how the group finishes as they are in first and second spots respectively. These may be the most interesting matches of this stage particularly the second one in Moscow. The reason for that is Chelsea is owned by Russian billionaire Abramovic who was not very popular in Russia even before he started to invest his ill-begotten billions in English and not Russian football. I imagine there will be a lot of anti-Abramovic chants during the game in Moscow particularly if he shows up himself which I expect he will. It would be great if CSKA could get some good results against the corrupt billionaire's toy club.

This is what TLN is offering this week:

UEFA Champions League

Matchday 3

LIVE

Tuesday October 19, 2004

2:40pm/et

Juventus vs. Bayern M.

Stadio delle Alpi, Torino

Italian language commentary

UEFA Champions League

Matchday 3

LIVE

Wednesday October 20, 2004

2:40pm/et

Valencia vs. Inter

Stadio Mestalla, Valencia

Italian language commentary

• 2 weeks later...

Matchday 4 on TV this week:

TSN:

Tuesday - Panathinaikos vs. Arsenal - 2:30 p.m. et

Tuesday - Barcelona vs. AC Milan - Midnight et

Wednesday - Bayern vs. Juventus - 2:30 p.m. et

Wednesday - Manchester Utd vs. Sparta Praha - Midnight et

TLN:

Tuesday - Inter vs Valencia - 2:35 p.m. et (Italian)

Wednesday - Dynamo Kiev vs Real Madrid - 4:45 p.m. et (Spanish)

Ya know I hope life allows me to watch both games . The Panathinaikos and the Sparta Praha games interest me the most as we don't see these clubs often on TV . No favourites just like to see entertaining soccer and lot's of different teams . Which was why I enjoyed last years RSN's UEFA CUP coverage . Has any-one heard if this is on this year?

Archived