Honduras paper: Canada's starters

Daniel

Tomasz Radzinski del Fulham de la Liga Premier de Inglaterra y Paul Peschisolido del Derby County estarán ante los centrales hondureños tratando de enderezar la nave de la "hoja de maple".

Otros internacionales que serán seguros titulares son el golero Paul Onstad, los zagueros Tony Menezes, Ante Jasic, Mark Watson y Jason Devos y los volantes Julian de Guzmán y Dwait de Rosario.

They talk about other internationals being "sure things" and, yikes, here comes Watson!

So according to this, we might start lined up like os:

-------Onstad----------

Men/Wat-deVos-Men/Wat-Jazic

Dero-Serioux-Stalteri-Deguz

-------Radz---Pesch-------

Not the best of lineups, IMO. I don't like Watson in defense or Pesch as a starter. I DO like that midfield, though, although it weakens our other lines. I'd rather Hume (for his speed and FKs or Occéan as a target man) instead of Pesch.

Let's hope Yallop is confusing the reporters, because apparently all we did during practice yesterday was getting to the line and crossing. Our 2 forwards ain't exactly Niall Quinn.

If this report is correct, it would appear that Menezes is in cetral defense with DeVos, Watson will be the right-back, moving Stalteri back to a midfield position. Interesting...

Onstad

Watson - DeVos - Menezes - Jazic

DeRosario - Stalteri - ?????? - DeGuzman

Pesch - Radzinski

Ok guys, stil wtson in ther ebut i like this line up, i like it a lot. Sad that we had ot ehar about it though the hondurass paper but hey i'll take what i can get. Diesel has player very well for us in the past in the middle and de guzman played great on the left wing vs germany (or at least had a great 1st half, didnt see the second half of the game but i know he was causing the defense lots of troubnle and a foul on him lead to the kevin mcKenna goal off of a free kick form nash. Guz has the speed to burn on the left flank and i like that serioux and diesel are paired in the middle.

Actually i just noticed one more thing.....dero at right flank with no hume? ok sorry there go my praises...thats complete and utter BULL**** for christs sake if onstad was hurt he's put dero in goal before anyone else. PLEASE FRANK dont break your back to get your boys on the feild just because they used otplay for you. DeRo isnt a right winger. Hume is a really good crosser and can really run all over the place and makes things happen when running up the right flank....he set up both rovers' goals the other day playing a right forward/winger position. PLus he can take free kicks.

Stalteri over Hume in the mid field thats got to be a joke.

Hume is our best kick taker!

I don't know any team in the world that would leave their best kick taker off the field unless he's injured!

Watson playing the flank that we got exposed on all game long against Guatemala thats great news as well!

Dear The Ref,

I believe the "Hondurian spokesman" you refer to in the article may be El Salvadorean Angel Rivera. Since the article refers to a coaching clinic this is likely Alberta Soccer Association U-15 boys coach Angel Rivera (who is from El Salvador I believe) interviewed at the coaching clinic put on at Victoria soccer club (see Beaches report on press conference for events during soccer week).

If this the case we can indeed relax!!!. Interviewing these sorts of "experts on international soccer tactics" is rather like interviewing my Auntie Mavis on the latest Nobel prize award for Medicine and Physiology!!!

quote:Originally posted by Ashton Gate

Dear The Ref,

I believe the "Hondurian spokesman" you refer to in the article may be El Salvadorean Angel Rivera. Since the article refers to a coaching clinic this is likely Alberta Soccer Association U-15 boys coach Angel Rivera (who is from El Salvador I believe) interviewed at the coaching clinic put on at Victoria soccer club (see Beaches report on press conference for events during soccer week).

If this the case we can indeed relax!!!. Interviewing these sorts of "experts on international soccer tactics" is rather like interviewing my Auntie Mavis on the latest Nobel prize award for Medicine and Physiology!!!

I thought this Angel Rivera was from Honduras, my mistake. Would like to hear your Auntie Mavis comments though!

Archived