Likely CDN Roster Changes For September 4

Ian Kennett

As many have suggested, part of the problem with the Guatemal match was that Canada had so many new players who had not played together before. If this was truly a problem, and it was, then there must be careful consideration given to how many changes must be made for the Honduras match. So, this is what is likely to happen.

IN Devos (no broken leg)

Radzinski (He will be there and in Costa Rica)

Brennan (He knows everybody and will not panic under pressure)

Hume (Will start on the bench, but would be a very good sub)

OUT Simpson (He will be back when he is ready for this level which he will be one day)

Biello (Radzinski takes this spot)

Gervais (I'd rather see him stay, but Pizzolitto is a better player than he showed against Guatemala, and Yallop will probably not drop Watson)

Yallop may carry 17 players, but I would also like to see Klukowski in there for some extra pace at the back. This batch of players would be:

Onstad Sutton Watson Pizzolitto Devos Jazic Stalteri Imhof Hutchinson Peters Serioux Peschisolido Occean de Guzman

De Rosario Brennan Hume Klukowski,

and would be mush stronger and "familiar" squad.

Cheers! It's late, and I ramble on! [^]

Nice comments, Ian. However, I think if you caught my conversation with Yallop on Inside Soccer (the live internet radio show) you would have been as surprised as me to find that he rates not only Simpson but another player (many speculate Derosario) ahead of Brennan. Unless you have any secret information you would like to share with us, then that's the way I see it, straight from the horse's mouth this time. Hope to meet you before the next match. Cheers!

quote:Originally posted by nolando

Nice comments, Ian. However, I think if you caught my conversation with Yallop on Inside Soccer (the live internet radio show) you would have been as surprised as me to find that he rates not only Simpson but another player (many speculate Derosario) ahead of Brennan. Unless you have any secret information you would like to share with us, then that's the way I see it, straight from the horse's mouth this time. Hope to meet you before the next match. Cheers!

That's not what I took for Yallop's comments. What I took was a sense that he sees Brennan as a liability in light of the little amount of action he's seen recently. After listening to Yallop, I got the feeling that once Brennan is back featuring with Norwich, he'll be back in NMT picture.

quote:Originally posted by Natesta

We had no problem starting Lars while he was burried in the Tottenham line-up.

Holger had no problem doing that.

Yallop has said that Hirschfeld needs regular club play before he considers him for the MNT.

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

Holger had no problem doing that.

Yallop has said that Hirschfeld needs regular club play before he considers him for the MNT.

Yallop needs to replace Onstad now, the two goals Guateamala got

could have been stopped by a decent keeper (Lars).

quote:

That's not what I took for Yallop's comments. What I took was a sense that he sees Brennan as a liability in light of the little amount of action he's seen recently. After listening to Yallop, I got the feeling that once Brennan is back featuring with Norwich, he'll be back in NMT picture.

JayWay, I'm confused. In what way do you disagree with me? Ian was commenting on the likely lineup for the next game (games?) and I was merely mentioning where Brennan currently sits on Yallop's depth sheet. I definitely don't think Yallop rules out Brennan for the long-term.

Marc Bircham came on as a sub for QPR vs Swansea last night! I believe he deserves a starting spot in the midfield if he is fit! Not only is he a ball winner, he can distribute it quite well! He is a perfect player to have playing in front of our rather suspect central defense! Any thoughts?

Based on his recent excellent run of play with Millwall and his good performance against Guatemala, I think I'd rather have Serioux as the holding midfielder in front of our central defence. I would call up Bircham, though, and have him on the bench as cover for Serioux.

Serioux may be more fit than birchy at the present time, you do have a point there canuck-fan! However being a QPR supporter i can tell you that Marc Bircham was unbelievably solid in the biggest of matches leading up to promotion last season! i don't think we've seen the best of him yet in a canada shirt!

Nolando,

quote:you would have been as surprised as me to find that he rates not only Simpson but another player (many speculate Derosario) ahead of Brennan.

I took this comment to mean that Yallop, with all things being equal (including each respective player's playing time with their club sides), rated Simpson and others ahead of Brennan.

Maybe I just misinterpeted your comment.

quote:Originally posted by Loud Mouth Soup

Lars wasn't even picked for the Scottish Cup game against Stranraer.

Personally, he should be nowhere near being considered at this moment. Sorry, but it's true. Good for Frank for wanting him to play first.

Exactly. If we need a change in goal, let's go with Kenny or Sutton who have regular time in their respective first teams.

That said, on paper Onstad is the man and I can't see Yallop pulling him.

Archived