Impact sign Budalic to 3-year deal

Daniel

Terrific addition to the Impact strike force. I would imagine that Biello will go back to midfield to help set up the attack and replace Nash who apparently is not coming back. Looks like Montreal and Vancouver will be the cream of the crop of Canadian teams once again.

quote:Originally posted by Alberto7

Terrific addition to the Impact strike force. I would imagine that Biello will go back to midfield to help set up the attack and replace Nash who apparently is not coming back. Looks like Montreal and Vancouver will be the cream of the crop of Canadian teams once again.

talking about Nash, if he doesn't return, where would he play?

quote:talking about Nash, if he doesn't return, where would he play?

He is originally from Vancouver(and played there early in his career) so why not back to the Whitecaps? He has also had a trial with the Dallas Burn before so maybe that is also a possibility. I'd be very surprised if he went back to Rochester unless they offer him a guarantee that they will keep him when they move to MLS in 2005. In any case, I'm sure he is fed up with moving every 6 months. What a way to make a living!

Depressing news for Lynx fans, with perhaps the only optimism being that Montreal can't possibly have room for all of these strikers (Ngon, Budalic, Sebrango, Lemire, possibly Occean as well if he doesn't stick in MLS), meaning some might filter down to Toronto - but watch them sign with Edmonton instead.

oh jason, Duncan is looking for his donuts!!! [V][V][V][V][V]

If Limpact choke in the playoffs this season, must say, they have issues with all this talent.

However, at least they have an owner who cares and wants to achieve success ON the field and not just off the field.

I understand that the impact is a supperior club in every way... But depth is hard to have in the a-league. They all see the a-league as a stepping stone and if they are on the bench no one can look at them. So i could see some bench players moving around club to club instead of staying as a potential player on the impact in a few years.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

"Long-lasting" of course means 1 or 2 years, which is how long these partnerships seem to last, which is why they keep announcing new ones every 2 years....... :)

HGahah oh yeah I was just being sarcastic, in reference to an article written abou the Lynx's sporting history, which was then re-written by the higher-ups who changed it to an article abotu their work in the community. ;)

We'll know in the next two weeks whether Olympic call-ups in August will be an issue for the Impact. With it looking likely that many of our best players will not play in the qualifiers due to lack of FIFA rules & club committments & just 2 spots, it's not looking as hopeful as it once was, IMO.

Archived