Crazy rumor saying Radzinski going to Blackburn!

Alberto7

Hi all,

Please understand that this is only a RUMOR but I just was on the Everton discussion forum and someone has said that Radzinski is going to be sold to Blackburn for 2 million pounds. Apparantly the manager of Blackburn is very interested in Radz. Has anyone heard anything else?

Albert

I also heard about that rumor. But right now, the way Radz is playing and how important he is to Everton, it`s unlikely he`ll be heading to Blackburn before the transfer window closes in January. Maybe at the end of the season if Everton miss out on any European tournament.

Personally, I`d love to see Radz playing along side players like Andy Cole, Dwight Yorke, Tugay, Gresko, etc.

I don't see Radzinski going anywhere. he is too important to Everton. After all he is there only player scoring on a regular basis. Drunken Duncan and Kevin Campbell are past thier prime, and Rooney hasn't been living up to expectations recently. So I would say these are just wild rumours

Everton signed McBride around the same period last season. It`s normal to see MLS players sign for european teams during the break.

I can bet that McBride will be there until the start of the MLS season.

Maybe they`ll (Blackburn) try and reunite Mcbride and Radz on the same starting 11.

quote:Originally posted by fza

Everton signed McBride around the same period last season. It`s normal to see MLS players sign for european teams during the break.

I can bet that McBride will be there until the start of the MLS season.

Maybe they`ll (Blackburn) try and reunite Mcbride and Radz on the same starting 11.

It isn't a loan, it's a full transfer. MLS will get a little less than a million bucks for McBride.

quote:Originally posted by SABuffalo786

It isn't a loan, it's a full transfer. MLS will get a little less than a million bucks for McBride.

Actually, a questionable story says its a transfer. However there is yet to be anything official announced and Blackburn's site is saying that they are chasing a loan deal for McBride. The story is quite suspect IMO. I can't imagine any EPL team committing to McBride for 3 years frankly.

Oh, I don't know.

Blackburn can always use another aging striker who isn't especially quick. I will say this. He isn't going to find the space in Blackburn that he did in Everton although Blackburn seems to move the ball around pretty good sometimes.

And since we're onto idle gossip, what a difference a year can make. Everton's near million (and terms) weren't good enough for McBride and MLS last year so home he went and apparently quite happy to do so. Now again, Mr. McBride gets mentioned. Dose this mean A). MLS cheifs have a more realisitc value for McBride B). MLS could use any cash they can get their hands on. Or C). Brian's tired of towing the party line, wants to give the EPL a real go and dosen't need MLS fu'king it up for him. Last chance Brian. It's this year or never.

P.S. Radz. is getting sold from Everton the same day O'Niel and Co. sell Larson to Manchester United. Which, will be never. Alas, Miller, maybe (rather likely).

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

Oh, I don't know.

Blackburn can always use another aging striker who isn't especially quick. I will say this. He isn't going to find the space in Blackburn that he did in Everton although Blackburn seems to move the ball around pretty good sometimes.

And since we're onto idle gossip, what a difference a year can make. Everton's near million (and terms) weren't good enough for McBride and MLS last year so home he went and apparently quite happy to do so. Now again, Mr. McBride gets mentioned. Dose this mean A). MLS cheifs have a more realisitc value for McBride B). MLS could use any cash they can get their hands on. Or C). Brian's tired of towing the party line, wants to give the EPL a real go and dosen't need MLS fu'king it up for him. Last chance Brian. It's this year or never.

P.S. Radz. is getting sold from Everton the same day O'Niel and Co. sell Larson to Manchester United. Which, will be never. Alas, Miller, maybe (rather likely).

I think it's most likely choice C. I think McBride feels he has done his service to MLS and US soccer and wants one last shot at the big time before he hangs up his boots. I felt that he'd been hard done by in the past when Preston North Eng and Everton had 7 figure offers rejected. I also think MLS is starting to realize that they are going to have to sell some players if they expect young players to sign with them.

Right League Wrong Club

Fulham sign U.S. striker McBride

Click to enlarge photo

LONDON (Reuters) - Fulham have acted quickly to replace Louis Saha by signing United States striker Brian McBride, the premier league club says.

McBride agreed a two-and-a-half year contract with the London club, who are eager to replace Saha, the French striker who is expected to complete a move to Manchester United later this week.

Fulham manager Chris Coleman believes McBride, who has played in English football during loan spells at Everton and Preston North End, will be able to cover for the loss of Saha.

"Brian is a great talent who can combine assisting attacking play as well as getting his fair share of goals," Coleman told the Fulham website.

"He has superb aerial ability and has already proved he can perform each week at the highest level. His experience of the Premiership will also prove a valuable asset to us in the coming months."

McBride, who chose Fulham over premier league rivals Blackburn Rovers, said in a statement. "This has been a difficult two weeks and a very tough decision.

"Over the past four years, there has been a lot of talk of me leaving. I felt it was the right opportunity."

McBride spent eight years with Columbus, scoring 62 goals, and has earned 67 international caps.

He has appeared in two World Cups with the national team, scoring twice as the U.S. reached the quarter-finals of the 2002 tournament.

In other U.S. News, Hannover has apparently signed Clint Mathis while the almost completed transfer of Cory Gibbs from Regionalliga North team St. Pauli to 2nd BL Regensburg has fallen through. Strange that both teams interested in signing an American already have a Canadian player.

Fulham will be in for a surprise if they think McBride will replace Saha. I can see McBride as depth player, part time starter as Blackburn were going to use him, but he simply is not proficient enough with the ball at his feet to start regularly. It was his problem in Everton and it will be his problem in Fullham. But who knows, perhaps he will prove me wrong.

quote:Originally posted by Gordon

Fulham will be in for a surprise if they think McBride will replace Saha. I can see McBride as depth player, part time starter as Blackburn were going to use him, but he simply is not proficient enough with the ball at his feet to start regularly. It was his problem in Everton and it will be his problem in Fullham. But who knows, perhaps he will prove me wrong.

Brian won't be able to replace Saha, but he'll be a solid contributor.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

As mentioned elsewhere, the Mathis signing might actually be good news for Canadian Olivier Occean, in terms of his chances of making Mathis' former team, the Metrostarts. Occean was the Metrostarts highest-drafted striker, going in the 3rd round.

I can't believe I did that twice. [B)]

Fullham? Well how do you like that? Something mentioned a bit on the telecast last night but didn't pay it any mind.

Better Fullham than Blackburn I suppose but that part about filling Saha's shoes is a bit of a laughfer.

Like McBride. Wish him well. He's got his contract and his foot firmly in the door. But I don't know. Have to give this more of a think.

Oh look. Radz. is still at Goodison and Rooney couldn't score when starting. Hmmm. Livepool derby coming up and the Toffees still owe the Reds from the last go around. Wonder if Moyes will give the Canadian with the Polish name the start in England come saturday? Somehow I dought it.

Toffees reject Rovers' Radzinski bid 27 Jan

Blackburn Rovers have been rebuffed in a bid to sign Everton's Canadian striker Tomasz Radzinski.

Rovers boss Graeme Souness had been hoping to sign Radzinski to make up for missing out on Brian McBride, who opted to join Fulham.

However, he told BBC Sport: "I spoke to David Moyes on Monday and he told me Tomasz was not for sale.

"He is a good player, but I respect Everton's word and we will look elsewhere."

Radzinski joined the Toffees in 2001 from Anderlecht for £4.5million and is out of contract at the end of next season.

Meanwhile, Rovers chief executive John Williams confirmed that the club are still on the lookout for new players.

He told the club's official website: "We are working on one or two things although it is unwise to elaborate at this stage. We have a limited budget, but we are doing all we can to try to strengthen."

http://www.football.nationwide.co.uk/football/common/topstory.asp?ID=68226&W=0

This article is Soccernet's front page main headline, with large pic of Radzinski.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=289588&cc=5901

Everton turn down Radzinski bid

radzinskiceleb_gmp.jpg

Blackburn chief executive John Williams has revealed the club are determined to strengthen the team despite having a bid for striker Tomasz Radzinski rejected by Everton.

After losing the race for American international Brian McBride to Fulham and offloading Corrado Grabbi to Ancona earlier this month, Rovers boss Graeme Souness had been hoping to sign 30-year-old Canada international Radzinski.

But Souness said: 'I spoke to David Moyes on Monday and he told me Tomasz was not for sale. He is a good player, but I respect Everton's word and we will look elsewhere.'

Souness is looking to bolster the midfield, as well as the forward line, with Barry Ferguson and David Thompson on the long-term injury list, although the closure of this month's transfer window is fast approaching.

Williams has confirmed, though, there are irons in the fire as he told the club's website: 'We are working on one or two things although it is unwise to elaborate at this stage.

'We have a limited budget, but we are doing all we can to try to strengthen.'

Ferguson, meanwhile, is hoping to make a surprising return before the end of the season, despite fears he would miss the rest of the campaign after breaking his kneecap during a game at Newcastle on December 28.

But the 25-year-old is making rapid progress in his recovery and said: 'Everything is going well.

'I'm delighted with the progress and I'd like to get back before the end of the season.'

Archived