World Cup Draw Friday

matthew

quote:Originally posted by mattbin

Is that the only reason they were seeded above the Netherlands? I mean, they did finish slightly higher than the Netherlands in the last world cup.

I thought the seedings were just based on how a country does against teams in their own confederation. Not sure though!? It would be weird if some UEFA team moved-up in their region's ranking because they beat some Asian team or whatever... oh well, giv'em a #1 seed. IT doesn't matter in Turkey's case. Istanbul is no longer a fortress!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eurosport announced there will be a slight delay with the UEFA draw, so I assume the whole shooting match will be held up a bit. It sounds like only 10-15 mins.

And I'm sure the dancing bears and singing children are still doing their thing.

cheers,

matthew

GO IRELAND! BELIEVE!

quote:Originally posted by matthew

Eurosport announced there will be a slight delay with the UEFA draw, so I assume the whole shooting match will be held up a bit. It sounds like only 10-15 mins.

And I'm sure the dancing bears and singing children are still doing their thing.

cheers,

matthew

GO IRELAND! BELIEVE!

Mat, have you seen U2 Go Home, Live at Slane Castle, Ireland? It was shot the day Ireland qualified for the 2002 World Cup. Wow, what a party that was. Never saw a concert crowd quite so festive!

Archived