My Canadian 1st 11

Crazy_Yank

--------Hirschfeld

Nwalisa-McKenna-Reda-Brennen

Stalteri-Hutchinson-Bent-DeGuzman

------Radzinksi-DeRosario

I haven't seen guys like Aguira or Reda play so I can't comment on them. IMHO this is Canada's best lineup. On a side note, on the concacaf board at bigsoccer.com there is a concacaf abroad thread. A lot of people rate Ian Hume as the "best young concacaf player abroad".

I am a big booster of McKenna but based on his play yesterday he needs some serious game action before he starts. Reda should of course get a look as he is a star performer for his club side week in week out.

Right now I don't think we have a hope in hell of qualifying for Germany in 2006. Best field kids in their young 20s in hopes we have some sort of experience in the squad for 2010.

How could any coach not call up de Guzman, not play Nsaliwa and not start Dwayne DeRosario, who is hot as a pistol.

Of the 11 players who started yesterday, I would definitely only start Radzinski and Stalteri, maybe Bent who had some decent moments. Jazic hardly had an impressive return despite the fact he plays for mighty Vienna Rapid (who knew?); Imhoff was invisible; Hastings, Watson and McKenna quite poor. Pesch and Radzinski did not get on the same page. Onstad was middling. Bircham ran all day but didn't really shine (may have been his surrounding cast mind you).

Dwayne de Rosario and Lars Hirschfeld were players in the second half.

quote:Originally posted by Crazy_Yank

--------Hirschfeld

Nwalisa-McKenna-Reda-Brennen

Stalteri-Hutchinson-Bent-DeGuzman

Very nice lineup there, its a mere two players from my ideal lineup actually. I know you don't rate De Vos, but I have to say he has to go in there for McKenna. Id also put Aguiar in for Bent, although either of the two, or Bircham would be nice in that defensive role.

Its kind of nice to see that we have quite a few good midfielders, although as always, there is a lack of overall creative quality few players can bring to the table. Itd be nice to see a few more solid players at the back. Give we need to give Imhof, Jazic, Kluka a few games in there to see how they deal with those positions.

Lets just hope whoever is brought in can see this and work towards fixing it, particularly with our significant lack of defensive solidarity. Forget the fact that the guys at the back were hoofers, they couldn't defend either!

BTW, is it just me, or does DeRosario get better every cap? He was the biggest difference in the game in the 2nd half, and definitely showed he deserved to be out there. Id normally put this in one of the game threads but in those Finn infested waters, not much intelligent seems to be going on.

I was going to say that's a pretty offensive minded midfield.

Not that I mind. I think we should be running at most of our CONCACAF enemys full throttle.

Wish we could see more of a few of our lads. Realy get a feel for where we stand at defensive options.

P.S. DeGuzman-Stalteri and DeRosario-Radz. are the combinations which'll power us to Germany 2006. Don't dought that for a second.

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

I was going to say that's a pretty offensive minded midfield.

Not that I mind. I think we should be running at most of our CONCACAF enemys full throttle.

Wish we could see more of a few of our lads. Realy get a feel for where we stand at defensive options.

P.S. DeGuzman-Stalteri and DeRosario-Radz. are the combinations which'll power us to Germany 2006. Don't dought that for a second.

Those are the guys I feel our the best Canadian players. I they can play at a better standard than the lower division players. It's not an overly offensive lineup though. I think it has a prety good mix.

AGreed Crazy Yank. I don't think its that offensive. In fact, I would say one argument I would have is that a combo of Bent and Hutchinson in the middle may not have enough ball control. I would suggest the following line up (at the beginning of qualifying)

--------Hirschfeld

Nwalisa-De Vos-Reda-Jazic

Stalteri-Aguiar-DeGuzman-Brennan

I think De Vos is better than McKenna but may McKenna may replace Reda if he was playing regularly. With Menezes somewhere in China, he can't be relied on.

I think Nsaliwa and Stalteri are both good defensively and fast on the right. I put Stalteri further forward as he has better offensive skills. Bent and Bircham provide cover for both positions. On the left, I think Brennan is a better offensive bet than Jazic so i would switch them from where they usually play for their clubs. Alternatively, I would play Kluklowski in the back.

In the middle, I would start with the mixture of experience in Aguiar and the youth and energy of De Guzman. I think Hutchinson provides adequate cover in the middle fo Aquiar and I would move Stalteri inside if De Guzman is unavailable to provide that creative element (and cover with Hume or Nsaliwa (with Bent in his place at right back) on the wing depending on the opposition).

Finally, up front its no contest with De Rossario and Radzinkski with Pesch as a sub.

For the final round of qualifying, this is my side.

--------Hirschfeld

Nwalisa-De Vos-Reda-Kluklowski

Stalteri-Hutchinson-DeGuzman-Canizales

------Radzinksi-Hume

I think Kluklowski will take the spot from Jazic and I predict Canizales will be playing regularly next year for Bremen and take the spot on the left. Aquiar will be replaced by Hutchinson who will have established himself next year in one of the top 5 leagues (seems well suited to Bundesliga which may give us a complete Bundesliga midfield).

Hume will also be in the first division or premiership and scoring on regular basis and therefore, be included ahead of De Rossario who will be on the bench with Pesch or Friend.

We will still be slow in the middle at the back. But otherwise strong.

quote:Originally posted by Crazy_Yank

Those are the guys I feel our the best Canadian players. I they can play at a better standard than the lower division players. It's not an overly offensive lineup though. I think it has a prety good mix.

Probably a poor choice of words on my part. Offensively able? Sure, that's better.

How about? Not afraid to go to goal.

Don't think anyone on your list would be a defensive liability all in all. Bent might have a tough time though finding a starting position. Jazic seems to want to play and Bircham's back.

-------------------------------------hirschfeld

------------------------de vos--------------------menezes

----------nsaliwa--------------------------------------------jazic

----------------------------------aguiar

---------de guzman------------------------------------------brennan

----------------------------------stalteri

--------------------radzinski--------------de rosario

bench:

hutchinson

bent

mckenna

klukowski

peschisolido

reda

onstad

I really like the thought of Nsaliwa and DeGuzman hooking up offensively. Nsaliwa is a great choice at the back but he can definitely work in both directions. Put DeGuzman in front of him and, well, look out...

How does Jazic do when going forward? Is his distribution good or is he, to use the term rather lightly, an arse-splasher? Like, say, Bent was and possibly still is?

Allez les Rouges,

M@

Archived