Concacaf Champion. Canada when?

Montry

when their is a canadian league. this won't happen until at least 2010. after 8-10 clubs have joined the a-league and then separated themselves from the a-league...OR......

toronto/vancouver/montreal join the mls. once in the mls they could compete in the u.s. open cup (i'm sure) and then the champions league.

I totally agree with Daniel

I said it a lot of times on this board

The CSA should give the title of "Canadian champion" to the V-Cup winner(in fact, the V-Cup has all ingredients of a canadian championship, nothing misses !)

Even if it doesn't take part at the concacaf cup for any reason (money for example)

Canada will the sto being one of the only country of the world without a national soccer champion !

quote:Originally posted by bettermirror

you know what the problem with the damn voyageur's cup?

some of the matches between canadian clubs aren't counted toward the standings and they don't play each other an equal amount of times. it's ridiculous to think that the voyageur's cup could be a representation of the canadian champion.

Well you can't have both. In this setup, all the teams play each other home and away in the Cup schedule.

It would probably work better with 1-2 more teams.

when their is a canadian league. this won't happen until at least 2010. after 8-10 clubs have joined the a-league and then separated themselves from the a-league...OR......

toronto/vancouver/montreal join the mls. once in the mls they could compete in the u.s. open cup (i'm sure) and then the champions league.

Canadian teams cannot compete in the U.S. Open Cup.

i'd find it very interesting to see a canadian team that was in the mls and which is THE AMERICAN league and then not being allowed to compete in the U.S. Open Cup. wow, i'd put up quite the fuss.

i mean, a number of welsh teams are allowed to compete in the F.A. Cup, and in the beginning Scottish clubs were allowed as well.

i mean, a number of welsh teams are allowed to compete in the F.A. Cup, and in the beginning Scottish clubs were allowed as well.

YEah, and I think the FA Cup would re-gain some of its lost luster if they made it open to all British teams (and Ireland). But that's a whole other topic ...

i'd find it very interesting to see a canadian team that was in the mls and which is THE AMERICAN league and then not being allowed to compete in the U.S. Open Cup. wow, i'd put up quite the fuss.

The A-League and other USL leagues are AMERICAN and Canadian clubs are not allowed to play in the US OPEN CUP!

The CSA needs to either create their own Open Cup or take the easy route and "rubber stamp the VCup". It's not that bad of an idea.

Daniel and coppercanuck:

For a future Canada Open Cup what about thurning the current Challenge Cup into a Canadian Cup Winners Cup(I think this was your idea Daniel). This was suggested by a player from Millenia FC who is favor of allowing pro clubs like the Impact into the Coupe de Quebec. This player also suggested that instead of the current Challenge Cup ten-team finals have a final six championship between Quebec, Ontario, Alberta, Praries, Atlantic, and BC.

As for the V-Cup, I would suggest a rubber stamping by the CSA.

Thoughts?

Any other way to organize the Cup?

quote:Originally posted by amacpher

YEah, and I think the FA Cup would re-gain some of its lost luster if they made it open to all British teams (and Ireland). But that's a whole other topic ...

yea just imagine Celtic and Rangers competing in the fa cup.......wouldn't be too shabby

"Have the CSA rubber stamp the V-Cup and enter the winner in the Concacaf Champions league".

I like this idea very much. I think that we should get the ball rolling on this. Whats the worst that could happen? The only thing is, are the clubs even interested in entering into the this type of competition? thats who I would ask first. Maybe its not feasible for them?

eg:

1)Too costly

2) climate and geography

3) stadium availability

Other things to consider:

this is supposed to be our cup, do we want to lose any say in how its run, administer and awarded by turning things over to the CSA? That just might happen.

But there is too many positives here to even consider the potential drawbacks. So what do you guys say?

we could start with the following:

1) A vote by all Voyageurs to agree

2) An email to all the clubs owners to see if they agree?

3) once approved by the club owners, and email to the CSA with the proposal.

4)feedback from the CSA and concacaf.

Archived