Predictions vs Germany?

Jarrek

quote:Originally posted by Jarrek

4-1 Germany. I think the Canadians will surprise the Germans with at least one goal.

I'm hoping for 2-1 result (Germany). I hope it won't be similar to the

U20 game in Argentina, where we got hammered 4-0. I think Larry,

Julian, and MC2 will show to impress. Great time to see Jazic and

some of the A-Leaguers ...

I am surprised to see how many people are expecting us to score. Its not out of the question, but I've heard from the German fans that there defense has improved since the World Cup & while they don't have Kahn for this match, we haven't got any previously capped strikers in the squad. Our best hope for a goal must come from the quality of our midfield & the fact that this team will have had some time to practice together (for once).

I think 0-0 is our best hope for a draw. I expect Germany to win.

"All them rock & roll writers are the worst kind of sleaze, selling punk like some new kind of English disease. Is that the wave of the future? Awww spare me please!" Frank Zappa, Joe's Garage (1979).

Germany-2 Canada-2

There, I said it. Ha!!!

And we'll feel hard done by after the final whistle.

(Am most afraid of the German set plays. If a lot of offensive pressure is allowed to develope and we surrender some free kicks in troubling areas, or a number of corners my prediction is sunk.)

Paul S., MC2, Nash & deGuzman my most likely to score. In that order.

Minority of one

Germany 1

Canada 1

A small panic sets in on the part of the German press after the match, with the all-important Scotland match coming up in their Euro Qual. campaign.

My predictions for scorers?

Bauhman and Stalteri (both on set plays)

Mimglow, Ottawa

Where are the weapons of mass destruction?

Something else to watch is:

- Both Paul Stalteri and Kevin McKenna can move into sole possession of 8th place all-time for Canada with a goal in Germany.

Mimglow, Ottawa

Where are the weapons of mass destruction?

5-0 Germany. I fear this won't be pretty and I'm not sure where those 5 goals will come from but I'm not very optimistic about thise game. Although, I'm usually really bad at predicting scores. Let's hope this is one of those times.

Alex

Guest Jeffery S.

Anything within 2 goals is okay by me. If that means a 3-1 even better since scoring is always a plus. Even if it means someone gets a stat and our FIFA rating is improved.

Germany is obliged to experiment since many players are not there, so that could mean their usual block is not as tight as usual, to our advantage. Mind you depending on how many subs are allowed (usually 5 in an international friendly?) they will stay fresh, as we should as well.

4-0 Germany.

Usually I hope for the best, but not this time. I expect to get waxed. Germany will regard us as minnows -- Paul Stalteri notwithstanding -- and look to fatten their numbers.

My head says 6-0. My heart says 4-0. I'm hoping for 4-1, but I see no offence. So I'll go with 4-0.

There is hope -- but not for us. (Kafka)

quote:Originally posted by Mimglow

Something else to watch is:

- Both Paul Stalteri and Kevin McKenna can move into sole possession of 8th place all-time for Canada with a goal in Germany.

Mimglow, Ottawa

Kevin McKenna will probably have to wait until the 2006 World Cup to score a goal in Germany, as he's not with the squad for this match.

Lets hope he's closer to moving into sole possession of first by the time that tournament rolls around. [8D]

"All them rock & roll writers are the worst kind of sleaze, selling punk like some new kind of English disease. Is that the wave of the future? Awww spare me please!" Frank Zappa, Joe's Garage (1979).

Well that's what I get for trying to being clever! I guess Mimglow must have seen that article elsewhere, but you're right (as you mentioned on the other forum) this article was never posted before. Geez, that's two Canadian-soccer related articles today from the Globe (the other being the expected July announcement for the new stadium) - what's going on?

Well a lot of things can happen, when you're walking down the street, and it never fails to amaze me, the people that I meet. They all say "See you later" and I just answer "How? How will you see me later, when you can't see me now?" - Kevin Ayers, The Confessions of Dr. Dream & Other Stories (1974)

Oh, and I think a tall target man like McKenna is the sort of player we will need in this match. I now expect we will see Canada play the exact same formation they did against Libya, with McKenna as a lone striker but Stalteri also playing a very advanced midfield role.

Hopefully Holger will at least give Jordan & Budalic a look at some point in the match.

Well a lot of things can happen, when you're walking down the street, and it never fails to amaze me, the people that I meet. They all say "See you later" and I just answer "How? How will you see me later, when you can't see me now?" - Kevin Ayers, The Confessions of Dr. Dream & Other Stories (1974)

Prediction: 3-1 Germany. The German will score two in the first half and Mckenna will pull one back midway in the second half ( he has on a hot streak playing for canada lately). The Germans will sit back and defend in the second half but Mckenna will get his head on a cross from Imhof making it 2-1. Late in the game while pushing forward, one of the younger subs for the opposition will score on a counter attack.

Tony

My prediction is 3-1 Germany. The Germans don't take friednlies seriousely, they use it as a method of kidology in order to make other nations (especially England) believe they're not as strong as they are. So they'll settle for a relatively narrow margin of victory.

You don't win friends with salad!

Archived