Match Thread: June 25, 2023 - Forge v Atletico Ottawa

A strange kick off time for this one, I realize the team has to schedule around the TiCats who played Friday but I'm not sure suppertime Sunday is the best time to be playing, the game days and ko times are all over the place this season! It will be interesting to see if Forge can actually play an entertaining match at home and get the 3 points, we have had success vs Atletico, that doesn't seem to mean much this season as Forge have found many ways to drop points so far and Ottawa may just be the more desperate team here!

That was a crazy match, when Forge conceded early I thought we were going to see more of the same from the last several matches then after a couple of Atletico mistakes the team is in the lead and playing with confidence and add a third and seem to be cruising to a win in front of a good crowd! When Ottawa equalized I thought there would be only one winner in this crazy match but there was one more twist to this 7 goal thriller, I think the many newcomers in the stands will return after that! I have to watch the replay but one sequence of missed fouls then a FK to Atletico which they scored on really changed this match, Forge are still lacking some discipline, Bobby will be happy with the 3 points but a match like that is a coaches nightmare!

3 hours ago, K Edgar said:

Goals 1 and 2 for Forge were ugly.

Comical.

Brennan moaning about the keeper not being able to receive a 30 yard back pass because it lacked a certain quality was even funnier.  Long day at the office, Jimmy?

• narduch changed the title to Match Thread: June 25, 2023 - Forge v Atletico Ottawa