Expansion in the CPL

TGAA_Star

Now could the Canadian Premier League expand? For me I would have said no some time ago but now that enough time has passed since this league was formed, I could see expansion happen but how I would go about it:

- Divide the CPL into 2 leagues

- CPL League 1 and CPL League 2 

- League 1 in the next few years would have 16 teams and bottom 2 teams get relegated; finish top 14 you stay in CPL League 1; bottom 2 get relegated to CPL League 2

- League 2 in the next few years would have 16 teams; top 2 teams get promoted to CPL League 1 so on and so forth

2 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

Now could the Canadian Premier League expand? For me I would have said no some time ago but now that enough time has passed since this league was formed, I could see expansion happen but how I would go about it:

- League 1 in the next few years would have 16 teams and bottom 2 teams get relegated; finish top 14 you stay in CPL League 1; bottom 2 get relegated to CPL League 2

- League 2 in the next few years would have 16 teams; top 2 teams get promoted to CPL League 1 so on and so forth

8 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

I direct your attention to the "CPL New Teams Speculation" thread and its 200+ pages of interesting information and discussion on this topic.