One step closer

Dominic94

Tough night, hard ending.

it’s almost like a dream guys, a good one but with a bittersweet ending. I’ve been on these boards for about 10 years as a lurker/poster, and been following our soccer team since about 2011, around the dawn of the Larin/Akindele era.

I know some of you have been around way longer, I just want to say what a journey this has been. I know we aren’t done, I know we aren’t there yet, but when we started we could only dream of a result like this, with a team like this, missing so many starters and having so much depth. Looking at what 10 years of mls has done, I can’t wait to see what 10 years of Can PL and the golden generation can do.

I never imagined us having kids (Dieu) going on trial at Bayern… or competing for a kid who’s in Arsenals academy.

I remember a time when our guys had to kick and run, today we were able to repeatedly dribble past the Mexicans and play out of the back… look how far we’ve come.

Look how far we’ve come, I can’t wait for the rest.

night boys

Well said.

Years gone by we would've parked the bus, kick and run, goon squad all over the pitch, and blamed the refs for the loss.

This group is taking it to teams. Putting our foot on the gas pedal, getting teams on their back foot. And walking away feeling unlucky to not beat 3 perennial world cup teams.

This is the first time I can remember going into wcq with actual expectations, not just hope.

September can't come soon enough.

Edited by JohnnyFranchise

8 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

Tough night, hard ending.

it’s almost like a dream guys, a good one but with a bittersweet ending. I’ve been on these boards for about 10 years as a lurker/poster, and been following our soccer team since about 2011, around the dawn of the Larin/Akindele era.

I know some of you have been around way longer, I just want to say what a journey this has been. I know we aren’t done, I know we aren’t there yet, but when we started we could only dream of a result like this, with a team like this, missing so many starters and having so much depth. Looking at what 10 years of mls has done, I can’t wait to see what 10 years of Can PL and the golden generation can do.

I never imagined us having kids (Dieu) going on trial at Bayern… or competing for a kid who’s in Arsenals academy.

I remember a time when our guys had to kick and run, today we were able to repeatedly dribble past the Mexicans and play out of the back… look how far we’ve come.

Look how far we’ve come, I can’t wait for the rest.

night boys

Lurker?  At  2.3k posts you're way more than a lurker buddy....

Same here, your comments are exactly in line with what I was thinking last night, I got back on the bandwagon around that time too.  Akindele choosing us was huge at the time, to think it was just a baby step to what we're seeing today.

MLS is a massive part of last night, like you said, CPL will be huge for us.  

2 minutes ago, costarg said:

Lurker?  At  2.3k posts you're way more than a lurker buddy....

Same here, your comments are exactly in line with what I was thinking last night, I got back on the bandwagon around that time too.  Akindele choosing us was huge at the time, to think it was just a baby step to what we're seeing today.

MLS is a massive part of last night, like you said, CPL will be huge for us.  

I lurked for a while before posting anything ahahah. But yea I’ve been around since Tesho committed, those were some tough days. But man is the sun shining bright this morning.