CPL Action Poll

CPL Action Poll  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Unloading or Loading?

This poll is closed to new votes

As a former Canadian Airlines ramp agent at YVR, I can irrefutably say it's unloading. The pallet on the loader is about to be transferred to the second trailer in the string, with the first trailer already full. In a loading situation, the trailers further forward would be empty (unless the lead in the cargo sheds was poor at his job). Also, in a loading situation, the guy on the ground would have pulled the next pallet/can up to the machine bed as soon as the previous pallet had been transferred rather than waiting for that pallet to be loaded into the plane.

31 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

As a former Canadian Airlines ramp agent at YVR, I can irrefutably say it's unloading. The pallet on the loader is about to be transferred to the second trailer in the string, with the first trailer already full. In a loading situation, the trailers further forward would be empty (unless the lead in the cargo sheds was poor at his job). Also, in a loading situation, the guy on the ground would have pulled the next pallet/can up to the machine bed as soon as the previous pallet had been transferred rather than waiting for that pallet to be loaded into the plane.

Yes but at YYZ they aren't nearly as good at their job as you were. Didn't think of that, did you, did you? 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

I think the more important question is what is in fact being loaded or unloaded.

My DNA hardwires me to suspect that any unidentified object of a certain shape and size has to be a vampire's casket, in this case being transported to a new location for nefarious reasons.  (I dare you, I JUST FU'KING DARE YOU,  to give that image the scrutiny it deserves!).  However, in this instance that may be incorrect.

Keeping with that undead theme  I would suggest the containers in question have absolutely nothing to do with Tommy Wheeldon Jr and everything to do with the remains of the Canadian MLS franchises hopes and aspirations for the "MLS is Back" tourney as they continue the journey to their home grounds where they can be laid to rest, peacefully, prematurely, and once and for all.

In the attendance of a Catholic priest, his able assistances, and copious amounts of Holy Water and incense of course.   

Edited by Cheeta

Well that was my favourite poll idea ever. 

I like the fact that everyone voted overwhelmingly for Loading when the only airport ramp agent to ever walk the Voyageurs' fields said it was unequivocally Unloading. And I voted Unloading because I was so sure it was Loading that I wanted to create a bit of assinine tension. So that was two of us.

2 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Well that was my favourite poll idea ever. 

I like the fact that everyone voted overwhelmingly for Loading when the only airport ramp agent to ever walk the Voyageurs' fields said it was unequivocally Unloading. And I voted Unloading because I was so sure it was Loading that I wanted to create a bit of assinine tension. So that was two of us.

We live in a world where it's okay to dismiss expert opinions, just because. 😆