2016 Canadian MLS clubs offseason thread

shermanator

1 hour ago, Levi Oakey said:

Maybe I am forgetting something but wasn't Cheyrou out for a big block of time while Bradley was out? And wasn't the good backups actually Chapman, Delgado and some of the other younger kids?

Yes you are absolutely right, I was just commenting on depth in general. Then in the playoffs when Chapman was injured Cheyrou had the opportunity to step up. And he did, Big Time!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 24/01/2017 at 4:30 PM, Big_M said:

Don't see what it has to do with cameroon and the acn but at 5'4 he would need something very special to play at the back.

Ambroise Oyongo is part of that team and they just won the ACN and will participated at the Confederations Cup. There`s a good chance that he`s picked by Cameroon to play and he will miss 3 to 5 games so they`ll need a left back and looking at the Impact right now, they don`t have one. Anthony Wallace was brought in on trial to test Mkungilwa to see who can get the back-up position. We`ll see if the Impact sees a need to sign another player who can cover at that position, now that Oyongo is all but certain to be absent for those matches. Also, outside backs aren`t chosen for their height. They`re often smaller. I don`Oyongo is 5`6``. It`s not like he`s a centreback. 

Archived