Regina CanPL Supporters Group

On 12/21/2016 at 4:34 PM, Levi Oakey said:

You assume we are waiting. That's cute.

I'll see you on the terraces in 2018. :)

There'll be legendary clashes in the terraces when KW and Saskatoon meet in the #canPL Canadian Shield final. People will claim Canadian football has been set back due to the ugly, ugly scenes. :P

The bustling metropolis of Saskatoon is 2.5hrs north of Regina. Back in the day the Federal Gov't made a decision to make Regina the capital while giving Saskatoon the university. They should have done what they did w Winnipeg and put both in the same city. Clearly that city would have been Saskatoon. :D

17 hours ago, Tuscan said:

The bustling metropolis of Saskatoon is 2.5hrs north of Regina. Back in the day the Federal Gov't made a decision to make Regina the capital while giving Saskatoon the university. They should have done what they did w Winnipeg and put both in the same city. Clearly that city would have been Saskatoon. :D

It more likely would have been Ft Qu'Appelle except for some shady land deals apparently. Ft Q would have been a beautiful setting for a capital city. 

1 hour ago, Pat Carrasco said:

Why is it that your group so far does not have a Facebook and Twitter accounts?

Twitter account is @POB_SG and has been up since August, although we didn't really start using it actively until late November or early December. We have a fb group going but want to get a few of us together first before making it public.

You can DM me here, at the twitter account, or @FrTheBlackHole twitter if you need more info.

• 3 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, rob.notenboom said:

We had our first meeting last night. I will post info from the meeting and tweet it out when I get time. However I will at least say that it was a really fun meeting with a ton of enthusiasm. Now let's hope we have a team to cheer for ;)

You can always support Calgary Foothills in the meantime, Rob!

46 minutes ago, shermanator said:

You can always support Calgary Foothills in the meantime, Rob!

You know I support them (and you guys) anyway. :)

And this is one thing that came up pretty strongly in the meeting that I'll include in my notes when I get a chance to post them - We are much more of the mindset (and this was agreed upon by all in attendance) that we are much more interested in keeping the 'fellow supporter' mentality between supporters groups than a 'team X and it's supporters are the enemy' mentality. Simply put, having to travel from SK, we know and are friends with folks in virtually every city and we want to keep it that way. 

22 minutes ago, rob.notenboom said:

You know I support them (and you guys) anyway. :)

And this is one thing that came up pretty strongly in the meeting that I'll include in my notes when I get a chance to post them - We are much more of the mindset (and this was agreed upon by all in attendance) that we are much more interested in keeping the 'fellow supporter' mentality between supporters groups than a 'team X and it's supporters are the enemy' mentality. Simply put, having to travel from SK, we know and are friends with folks in virtually every city and we want to keep it that way. 

So Canadian.

Archived