San Francisco Deltas NASL

CDNFootballer

Finally a new club without the horrible 'FC' attached to it.  I don't have a problem with SC (soccer club) because that is what it is called in Canada and people shouldn't be ashamed of it.  Embrace the culture of soccer in Canada.... not artificial 'FC'

It just seems so forced.

6 hours ago, Toje said:

Finally a new club without the horrible 'FC' attached to it.  I don't have a problem with SC (soccer club) because that is what it is called in Canada and people shouldn't be ashamed of it.  Embrace the culture of soccer in Canada.... not artificial 'FC'

It just seems so forced.

Just to comment on this: it is forced for many non-British European teams as well, it is carried over from British football culture, as are many of the names you find outside of England, Sporting, Racing, Standard, or a team in Milano being called Milan. 

So you could argue that it is way more appropriate for a team in an English-speaking country to be called Football Club than one in a non-English speaking nation, just saying.

• 1 month later...

SAN FRANCISCO DELTAS BECOME NASL’S FIRST WEST COAST CLUB

http://www.nasl.com/news/2016/03/31/san-francisco-deltas-become-nasls-first-west-coast-club

“This is a great day for the NASL and for soccer in North America,” NASL Commissioner Bill Peterson said. “The Deltas are leading our West Coast expansion efforts in a city that has some of the country’s most passionate soccer supporters. The club was founded and will be managed on core principles that represent the Bay Area community, as well as our great sport. The Deltas will be a great club for our league.”

The club is funded by a diverse group of investors from Silicon Valley and Brazil. Among the group are individuals who have helped build and develop companies like Apple, Facebook, Google, PayPal, Twitter, and Yahoo. Adding to the significant business and technology expertise within the group, several investors hail from Brazil, which is home to one of the world’s most vibrant and successful soccer landscapes.

• 1 year later...
On 2016-02-14 at 3:11 AM, Toje said:

It just seems so forced.

Yea I can do without the fake "Real" Salt Lake. Spanish for royal apparently. I always thought SC was "Sporting Club" as the club supports multiple sports like Barca with basketball etc.

May 27

0-0 draw against NYC. Attakora and Bekker played 90 and Tissot 85 and Jakovic 90 for NYC. Too bad no stream was available as more interesting to watch than an mls game with one Canadian...Jackson started at right back, where he played in Toronto, instead of Ouimette who stayed on the bench. Not good news for Ouimette if it worked well as Dos Santos would probably keep it that way for upcoming weeks. Deltas now at 13 points in 9 games, not bad not great

On 5/28/2017 at 0:16 PM, Big_M said:

May 27

0-0 draw against NYC. Attakora and Bekker played 90 and Tissot 85 and Jakovic 90 for NYC. Too bad no stream was available as more interesting to watch than an mls game with one Canadian...Jackson started at right back, where he played in Toronto, instead of Ouimette who stayed on the bench. Not good news for Ouimette if it worked well as Dos Santos would probably keep it that way for upcoming weeks. Deltas now at 13 points in 9 games, not bad not great

This game was on BeIn sports. I made sure to set the PVR.

Archived