19 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

Who are some of the young players who we may see somewhere in the pro ranks in the future?

Elijah Adekugbe (Sam's brother) stood out for me the few times I've seen them play. Dominic Russo scored a bucket of goals for them this year and was nominated for PDL player of the year. I'm not familiar enough with the rest of their squad TBH. 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is actually a huge step forward for this province, to have a full indoor facility like this.  One of the biggest downfalls Canadian players face is the "winter off" from training that warmer climate players tend to take for granted.  The more chances to play indoor, particular with an outdoor size field, the better our players will be.

• 1 month later...
56 minutes ago, Complete Homer said:

I saw that the facility had been noted, but I never noticed the cost 

10 million

Any idea where that money came from? I don't follow the Foothills, but considering they were crowdfunding for a 50k shirt sponsorship, 10 million seems pretty steep. Do they have a new partner? Or is the club more successful than I realize? 

The club found private investors to raise the $10 million. They are renting the space out.

The crowdfunding for a shirt sponsor had more to do with realizing they would not find a $50K shirt sponsor in the worst recession in a generation in Calgary, so they went with 50 $1K sponsors instead. A stroke of genius IMO, probably the best thing they've done marketing wise with the PDL club.

http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/new-indoor-soccer-complex-will-let-calgary-athletes-train-year-round-1.3031442

59 minutes ago, Complete Homer said:

I saw that the facility had been noted, but I never noticed the cost 

10 million

Any idea where that money came from? I don't follow the Foothills, but considering they were crowdfunding for a 50k shirt sponsorship, 10 million seems pretty steep. Do they have a new partner? Or is the club more successful than I realize? 

They managed to get it all paid for by private investors. There's a bit of info here - http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/mobile/new-indoor-soccer-complex-will-let-calgary-athletes-train-year-round-1.3031442

Archived