1:00 PM EDT - At Ottawa - Norway vs. Thailand

4:00 PM EDT - At Ottawa - Germany vs. Ivory Coast

Thursday, June 11

4:00 PM EDT - At Ottawa - Germany vs. Norway

7:00 PM EDT - At Ottawa - Ivory Coast vs. Thailand

Monday, June 15

3:00 PM CDT - At Winnipeg - Thailand vs. Germany

5:00 PM ADT - At Moncton - Ivory Coast vs. Norway

Actually the new Nike kit they're wearing is long shorts.  

The new Nike USA women's uniforms can be bought in men's versions as well.  But the Nike Norway women's uniforms are in men's only.  The national women's team were told they were to play in men's uniforms.  At the last minute a week or so before the tournament they found out someone actually scrapped them together women's uniforms.

Watched both games today, the Thais played and tried to play attractive football, the suffered from a weak keeper. Norway did not impress,still playing Pelerud ball, under Pelerud, so clearly he has learned no new tricks since his days working for "I stole 10 million Trinidad Jack Warner. The Germans are absolute class, worth the price of admission, I will be shocked if they are not in the final.

Cote dIvoire was a huge disapontment, unorganized etc. The Thais will show well against them if the can play as they did today.

So in what is one of the weakest groups, Germany and Norway go through, but Norway not on merit.

Great job by the Thais last night, and a good result, with luck they go through as one of the wild cards, a three point win helps that greatly. I think the technical ctte report on the Thais will be very positive as they are playing attractive soccer, and trying to play attractive soccer.

Germany is faced with an interesting game coming up against Thailand, do they want to win the group .... or go through as runner up, thus getting to meet the runner up in group F, which looks to be Columbia, given France should win Group F and England lanquish in last, the other possiblity is Mexico from the group. Any of the three teams, Mexico, Columbia or England would be easy outings for Germany.

If Germany go through in first they play third place team drawn from groups A, C, or D, Netherlands/China/Canada( group A ) , or Japan/Switzerland ( Group C ), Nigeria/Sweden ( Group D ), playing Japan or Netherlands would be more difficult for Germany then if they go through as group runner up.

It's not the 16 opponent the Germans are thinking of it's the side of the draw.  I highly doubt they want to go the side the French and Americans are on but they pooched it by scoring 10 on the Ivory Coast instead of going into cruise mode.

Alex Flopp

Doing a "good" job of winning free kicks for Germany. In amongst all the many admirable qualities of their play both the German men and women have mastered the art of flopping to the ground under even the tiniest hint of contact.

Agreed. While they were on the receiving end of some tough tackles on Sunday, they went to go very easily against the Norwegians too. The refs have been calling a lot in their favour too so far. 

Great job by the Thais last night, and a good result, with luck they go through as one of the wild cards, a three point win helps that greatly. I think the technical ctte report on the Thais will be very positive as they are playing attractive soccer, and trying to play attractive soccer.

Germany is faced with an interesting game coming up against Thailand, do they want to win the group .... or go through as runner up, thus getting to meet the runner up in group F, which looks to be Columbia, given France should win Group F and England lanquish in last, the other possiblity is Mexico from the group. Any of the three teams, Mexico, Columbia or England would be easy outings for Germany.

If Germany go through in first they play third place team drawn from groups A, C, or D, Netherlands/China/Canada( group A ) , or Japan/Switzerland ( Group C ), Nigeria/Sweden ( Group D ), playing Japan or Netherlands would be more difficult for Germany then if they go through as group runner up.

Yes, the 3 points are huge for Thailand. Cote d'Ivoire will feel a little hard done by given the number of chances they had and considering that two of the Thai goals came from plays that should have been called for offside. Nevertheless, it was a very entertaining match.

It's not the 16 opponent the Germans are thinking of it's the side of the draw.  I highly doubt they want to go the side the French and Americans are on but they pooched it by scoring 10 on the Ivory Coast instead of going into cruise mode.

I would not think the Germans fear the Americans... more concern with the French, being runner up in group B seems a better place to be for the Germans from my reading of the draw chart.

Archived