2015 VCup Semifinal 2 First Leg - Vancouver vs. Edmonton - May 13 [R]

Bad game by the Caps. Edmonton capitalize early on a Koffie give away then frustrate the Caps and almost take it on the counter a few times. Sam injured early and replaced by Harvey. Kianz looked very poor tonight. Gersh makes up for his give away by scoring the Caps goal.

Yeah I'm hoping the good performances in the Vcup will get Edward called up. It is a game against a minnow and if he looked good in camp he could be considered for the Gold Cup. I'm pretty sure Ibara will be at the GC, along with many other NASL players so why not call Edward?

Sam hurt and subbed off again. Fragile kid methinks. Edward is a beast and he dealt with Manneh better than I've seen a lot of MLS RBs

He faced Mattocks, Hurtado and Manneh which are about 3 of the fastest SOBs you can and did very well. I think Harvey got by him once and kept a ball in that generated a dangerous chance but aside from that he was solid. We have a need for that. I'd like to see him at least get a call up to a camp so he can show what he has in person to Floro.

He faced Mattocks, Hurtado and Manneh which are about 3 of the fastest SOBs you can and did very well. I think Harvey got by him once and kept a ball in that generated a dangerous chance but aside from that he was solid. We have a need for that. I'd like to see him at least get a call up to a camp so he can show what he has in person to Floro.

Of course Floro was watching the match last night, I just don't think he rates him.  If he wants a defender like that for RB he will just go with Doneil Henry who is a better version of Edwards.  

Edwards was decent from what I caught at the pub after the TFC match but I saw that play where he got beat by Harvey, that wasn't too good.  

With Johann Smith at LB and Matt van Oekel in net I thought Vancouver would just thrash the Eddies. Glad I was wrong on that one.

Make no mistake, regardless of how poor the Whitecaps played they should have taken this one. Whitecaps failed to capitalize on their chances, where Edmonton made good on theirs.

Really hope Clarke is jam packed for the return leg. Deciding leg against a solid MLS team where they have a chance to move on, no reason not to.

Edmonton will have to be careful if they play more offensively against a similar line-up next week. The more space they give Mattocks and Hurtado the more trouble they will get in. On the other hand, Amoebi looked like he would always give Dean/Parker trouble on set pieces and long balls.

Archived