Winnipeg

MrsC

I am moving from Ontario to Winnipeg next month.  Are there many Voyageurs in Winnipeg?  I would love to connect with other Winnipeg Voyageurs in the spring.  I am planning to attend the WSA Winnipeg games.  I bought a venue pass to the Winnipeg Womens World Cup games but I am also planning to travel to Edmonton for the first Canada game.  Is anyone else planning to travel to Edmonton from Winnipeg?  I am also a Liverpool fan -- does anyone know if there are any good bars in Winnipeg to watch Liverpool games? 

Hey

Few of us around, not many but a few.  All booked for a week in Edmonton/Jasper.  Heading out with the Wee Elf and crew in tow.  Win, lose or draw should be great fun.  Expect the Flatlanders and the usual suspects from the Left Coast will be out so should be a decent V representation.  If the Mrs can't get two weeks off we'll catch the last matchs in Winnipeg otherwise we're for Montreal.

AM EPL matches are going to be a pain, can't help you much there.  Hell, not even sure if there's an LFC supporters group, formal or otherwise but with a little luck and effort you might be pleasantly surprised.

Even if we don't ... Way shorter to go through S'toon anyway. Extra 3hrs or so to go through Med Hat/Calgary.

Sorry to hijack your thread Mrs C

No worries on the thread hijack -- definately an extension of the original post.  It might be just me headed to Edmondton so the carpooling is of interest.  I don't know what my travel plans are yet but I might be interested in connecting with the travelling Saskatchewan crew even if just on the way there.  At any rate, even if I fly in, staying in the same hotel as other V's is appealing.  I imagine we will work all of that stuff out closer to the time.

I am moving from Ontario to Winnipeg next month.  Are there many Voyageurs in Winnipeg?  I would love to connect with other Winnipeg Voyageurs in the spring.  I am planning to attend the WSA Winnipeg games.  I bought a venue pass to the Winnipeg Womens World Cup games but I am also planning to travel to Edmonton for the first Canada game.  Is anyone else planning to travel to Edmonton from Winnipeg?  I am also a Liverpool fan -- does anyone know if there are any good bars in Winnipeg to watch Liverpool games

I am not a Liverpool fan, nor an EPL fan, but I do know a few. One Liverpool fan I know is a regular on Saturday mornings at a place called the Grove, in one of the city's trendy-ish neighborhoods.  If they're playing, I'm sure at least one of the TVs there will have the game on.

I am not a Liverpool fan, nor an EPL fan, but I do know a few. One Liverpool fan I know is a regular on Saturday mornings at a place called the Grove, in one of the city's trendy-ish neighborhoods.  If they're playing, I'm sure at least one of the TVs there will have the game on.

Thanks for sharing!  I probably won't want to get up early and go to a bar often, but when I do, it looks like The Grove will be about a 10 minute walk from my house. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived