2014 CONCACAF Women's Championship

xabuep2

I find it a bit hard to believe that Canada will participate in this tournament. First, we have games scheduled in Edmonton on October 25th and in Vancouver on October 28th against Japan. Second, as the 2015 WWC host we automatically qualify to participate in the tournament so there would be no point in being part of the qualification process.

http://www.canadasoccer.com/?t=schedule_new.tpl&tid=all&genderId=0

I think the page needs to be updated or corrected.

From the FIFA website:

CONCACAF

The CONCACAF Women's Championship, which will take place in Cancun and Playa del Carmen, Mexico between 16 and 26 October 2014, will decide the region's participants at Canada 2015.

A total of 31 teams are hoping to be involved, with the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) and Union Centro Americano (UNCAF) staging pre-qualifiers to determine their entrants. The CFU tournament will take place between 21 May and 27 July 2014, with three places at the CONCACAF finals up for grabs, while two berths will be fought over at the UNCAF event between 19 and 25 May.

A final line-up of eight teams will then be left to compete at the CONCACAF Championship for three guaranteed slots at the FIFA Women's World Cup Canada 2015. The two finalists and winner of the match for third place will advance automatically, while the side finishing fourth will go into a play-off against a team from CONMEBOL for the chance to join the top trio at Canada 2015.

http://www.fifa.com/womensworldcup/qualifiers/index.html

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

According to CONCACAF , 3 nations of CFU , 2 of UNCAF ( Costa Rica and Guatemala ) + USA , Mexico will participate in Women's CONCACAF Championship to be held in USA ( no in Cancun as was previously announced) .

7 countries.... What about Canada ? Any news ?

The Championship' s dates : 16-26 Octuber and Canada play against Japan in Octuber 25 and 28 .

Maybe Canada will use an U- 20 team ?

I'm told that 3 teams from UNCAF will play.

That would be the only logical explanation. But so far UNCAF only indicates that Costa Rica and Guatemala will play. In fact there is not any match for the third place ( in this hypothetical case would be between Panama and El Salvador).

That would be the only logical explanation. But so far UNCAF only indicates that Costa Rica and Guatemala will play. In fact there is not any match for the third place ( in this hypothetical case would be between Panama and El Salvador).

Yes. I'm wrong. I read something too quickly. I know that Panama and El Salvador are supposed to play each other, but that was to qualify for the Central American and Carribean games. 

Archived