Trivia - the last player from the old CSL still playing professional soccer?

Toje

Yes, Giuliano Oliviero it is!

I am also surprised he is still playing, but I guess the indoor game has been kind to him over the years.

Ian Bennett (28) is another Canadian on Milwaukee who has been having a good indoor soccer career. 75 games with Milwaukee since 2009 with 41 goals. Previously he spent 4 years with the Hamilton Thunder 2001-2005, and after bounced around for a few more years before finding his way to Milwaukee.

• 1 month later...

Edit - a former CSL player is now playing again...

Fernando Aguiar who was with the Toronto Blizzard from 1991-1993 is now playing with Pedroucos in Portugal. He signed a contract back in November 2013 with the club.

http://www.maisfutebol.iol.pt/pedroucos-maia-benfica-af-porto-fernando-aguiar/5284f8afe4b003421eb08f90.html

So, there are two players still playing.

Ya Fernando Aguiar still to this day have never understood why a player who at the time was a regular starter in Portugal's top league and even when playing with Benfica and starting with Benfica yet was hardly called to the Canadian National team during World Cup qualifying for 2002 and 2006, strange.

Ya Fernando Aguiar still to this day have never understood why a player who at the time was a regular starter in Portugal's top league and even when playing with Benfica and starting with Benfica yet was hardly called to the Canadian National team during World Cup qualifying for 2002 and 2006, strange.

Funny just yesterday I came across his LinkedIn page and it said he was doing business related to Gondemar, a former club. Did not know he was playing still.

We used to write, since I was one of his fanboys, I might send him a note again.

• 2 years later...

Archived