VOYAGEUR'S CUP First Leg (R)

Glad you guys got to experience the pain that we have to deal with week in and week out. I mean Paul Dolan is fine and tells it like it is from both sides and he's obviously got credentials but MacEwen is just awful.

I watch about half your games and regularly scream at my TV when they get something completely wrong and don't seem to notice their bias. It was more offensive this time because it was two Canadian teams contesting a national title on a theoretically national, rather than home market, broadcast.

But yeah, I feel for you. TFC ain't winning awards for their announcers but it's just painful week after week from the West Coast.

Okay so a zero / zero game that wasn't boring. We only bunkered the last 15-20 as we tired. A different line up than what I expected but a good road result. See you on the 29th

What match were you watching? It certainly wasn't the one played yesterday. Vancouver bunkered the whole second half and made absolutely no attempt to go forward unless there was a Montreal mistake they could break out on. The lineup they put out also makes it obvious this was the strategy. It was dangerous but in the end it worked and while Montreal had a lot of chances they had trouble getting good chances because there were so many bodies in the Vancouver box. Vancouver has a good record at home and a very bad one on the road so obviously the strategy was to keep things within reach in the idea that they can win at home. Possession stats for the whole match were 66.3 to 33.7 and I don't have the 2nd half stats but I remember checking after the 1st half and it was 55 to 45 so the second half was probably something like 75 or 80% Montreal possession.

What match were you watching? It certainly wasn't the one played yesterday. Vancouver bunkered the whole second half and made absolutely no attempt to go forward unless there was a Montreal mistake they could break out on. The lineup they put out also makes it obvious this was the strategy. It was dangerous but in the end it worked and while Montreal had a lot of chances they had trouble getting good chances because there were so many bodies in the Vancouver box. Vancouver has a good record at home and a very bad one on the road so obviously the strategy was to keep things within reach in the idea that they can win at home. Possession stats for the whole match were 66.3 to 33.7 and I don't have the 2nd half stats but I remember checking after the 1st half and it was 55 to 45 so the second half was probably something like 75 or 80% Montreal possession.

We had the best chance and if not for Mapp holding the line and Bush making a follow up save we win 1-0. While not a barn burner it was not a dreary bore fest. I thought both teams played well. In the second we did push forward initially but I've watched it on PVR again and it was only the last 20 that we really bunkered and successfully weathered the storm. Yes we played a counter attacking game, on the road, against a tough team, who haven't lost at home in any competition this year. Who would have thunk it? It was a road game for us but not the worst we've played away from home by a long shot. One of our better road games to be honest.

The announcers .... what can I say. You are all correct in your assessments.

How is Brovsky? Any word? That had to be one of the nastiest header collisions I've ever seen. I hope he recovers fully. Nice moves he put on Harvey. I'm just glad he didn't add to the collection of former Caps to score on us.

Archived