VOYAGEUR'S CUP First Leg (R)

In case you don't know, the Impact are hosting the Whitecaps for the first leg on May 15th.

TV: Sportnet One and TVA Sports 8:00

Here's the refereeing crew.

Referee / Arbitre: Silviu Petrescu

Assistant Referee / Arbitre Assistant: Philippe Brière

Assistant Referee / Arbitre Assistant: Lyes Arfa

Fourth Official / Quatrième: Geoff Gamble

How do you change an option in the poll?

I'm thinking three, but I put four out of hopefulness. Teibert, Ouimette, Bernier and Tissot COULD all start...but realistically I think Impact fans are demanding the best lineup on the pitch, and the Impact will listen and deliver, and meet in the middle perhaps playing only one of Ouimette and Tissot.

Guest ClaytonA

Whitecaps are realistically out of the running for the Supporters Shield (can't win it early, but can lose it benefit of league versus playoffs).

There starting to fall off the place for that "in tough to make the playoffs this year versus an improved west." Balance that with the fact the Whitecaps could really use the smaller boost in profile/respect getting into the Champions League would get the club. Then there's the Cascadia Cup.

Of the three things they have left that they could win, the Voyageurs Cup must be the easiest. They've got to field the strongest lineup they can. Montreal will rotate, but want to at least have a strong bench. RSL is an out of conference team before the first leg. I see a weaker team there and the stronger team against the Whitecaps since they'll also want a stronger team against Sporting KC just after the second leg. The first leg is where to win this for Montreal.

That leaves Tiebert and Bernier.

Wow this forum is dead .. a few hours away from kick off. I forget why?

TFC isn't playing! lol

But seriously, I will be watching this game as a neutral. Hopefully, this game will be exciting and hopefully a lot of Canadian players play tonight.

Okay so a zero / zero game that wasn't boring. We only bunkered the last 15-20 as we tired. A different line up than what I expected but a good road result. See you on the 29th

Vancouver had the best chance of the game that they should of probably finished during a pinball off a corner, cleared off the line twice.

Good result for both teams probably more to Montreal than Vancouver since away goals rule.

It was a interesting line-up: Coker at RB, Rusin at CDM, Rochat at LW, and Teibert at RW. Definitely that the 'caps put on the pitch defensive minded for sure but it still had some offensive mentality. Teibert is looking good out right had another good chance cutting in on his left today.

Okay so a zero / zero game that wasn't boring. We only bunkered the last 15-20 as we tired. A different line up than what I expected but a good road result. See you on the 29th

Zero shots in the second half is only bunkering in the last 15 minutes? It was a smother job but that's what you came to do and you did it. Disappointing result for Montreal who had by far the run of play and possession but lacked finish. Van's CBs did a good job on DiVaio but Wenger did a good job on himself. Also would have been a different game if Petrescu hadn't dampened any momentum with his hogging of the limelight. In any case only one team has the possibility to get the away goal now :)

Vancouver homer announcers make me want to watch games on mute. I can't tell if they're actually that biased or just clueless.

Petrescu had a lot of big decisions to make.

Montreal needed to make better use of those great diagonal balls that kept letting their wide players find space on the flanks. No end product and almost no real chances.

Also, did Jeb Brovsky, of all people, just become a cult hero in Montreal?

Jeb Brovsky ‏@JebBrovsky 21m

Nose broken in 6 places, nothing a plastic surgeon couldn't fix w/ a steel bar last night though to set it in place. Game in 10 days! #IMFC

I noticed all the blood running through his hand and hair an instant after the chance got snuffed out... that was a hockey playoff game type of thing to do to head back out there.

Vancouver homer announcers make me want to watch games on mute. I can't tell if they're actually that biased or just clueless.

Petrescu had a lot of big decisions to make.

Montreal needed to make better use of those great diagonal balls that kept letting their wide players find space on the flanks. No end product and almost no real chances.

Glad you guys got to experience the pain that we have to deal with week in and week out. I mean Paul Dolan is fine and tells it like it is from both sides and he's obviously got credentials but MacEwen is just awful.

My first thought when I turned the game on were where the **** were Jerry Dobson and Craig Forrest? Not a Voyageurs cup final without them.

Also, did Jeb Brovsky, of all people, just become a cult hero in Montreal?

I noticed all the blood running through his hand and hair an instant after the chance got snuffed out... that was a hockey playoff game type of thing to do to head back out there.

Seems like a nice kid. Are those Cascadia tattoos? One way or the other, I wasn't impressed with the Montreal fullbacks. This is an advantage the Caps need to exploit to win the Cup at home.

Archived