Voyageurs Roll Call: Canada - Costa Rica, Edmonton, May 28

Lord Bob

This thread is to gauge the interest in an ersatz Voyageurs section at Commonwealth Stadium on May 28 for the Canadian MNT friendly against Costa Rica.

If practical, the plan is to purchase group tickets in the "Canada Supporters Section" listed on TicketMaster. We'll stick together and be as loud and as proud as possible, and hopefully receive a reduced rate. Payment would probably be either by e-mail money transfer or in person in Edmonton, unless the demand gets huge in which case we'll figure something out.

If demand does not justify this it will be every man for himself, but hopefully we can avoid that.

Please reply to this thread with your name and the number of tickets you will want. The thread will be edited to reflect numbers. Discussion on the friendly and non-ticket-related matters should be kept to this thread

Tickets

Lord Bob

GoalieGrey (+1?)

foreverthursday +1

ahuber

Sport Shaman +1

tarnado +3

jedinathan

ESG Shawn +1

strobe_z

ThrillaFC

Subtotal as of 13:21 Pacific May 6: 15 (16?)

I am in for 2 at least, possibly more but will update the number.

If you (Lord Bob) are able to communicate with Jamie, maybe we (you) can find out if he already blocked off a section as was inferred in a previous post. That way Voyageurs can fulfill their commitment for those tickets (if one has been made) and there may be better pricing than going direct to Ticket Master. Since I am here in Etown, let me know if there is anything I can do to assist.

If you (Lord Bob) are able to communicate with Jamie, maybe we (you) can find out if he already blocked off a section as was inferred in a previous post. That way Voyageurs can fulfill their commitment for those tickets (if one has been made) and there may be better pricing than going direct to Ticket Master. Since I am here in Etown, let me know if there is anything I can do to assist.

I'm trying to get information about any pre-arranged Voyageurs section. I'll certainly call for help if it's needed!

Can't get work off for this one, in fact I think I'm going to be out in Ontario when this happens for work anyway. Give em hell in the stands fellas. See if you can match the Mexico '08 intensity where the Mexicans started hurling beers at us.

I'm bumping this partially for Jamie's benefit so he knows that things have been looked at, partially for everyone's.

The situation is as follows. I have talked to the CSA. The "Canadian Supporters Section" is for us. Currently, tickets are being sold starting at Row 10 and working their way down. There is nothing the Canadian Soccer Association can do about this; it is a TicketMaster failing, not theirs. They have tried, and they want supporters at the front of the section as much as we want to be there. They can't place a "hold" on rows lower than row 10; this is also a TicketMaster failing.

The CSA said that if we treat the section amongst ourselves as "semi-general admission" we should be fine. I am inclined to agree. I think we should just buy tickets.

My suggestion is that we all get our tickets through TicketMaster in the Canada Soccer Supporters section and behave as much as possible like general admission. The link is:

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/canadas-mens-national-team-v-costa-edmonton-alberta-05-28-2013/event/11004A8ABB2F673B?artistid=1486690&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=11&tm_link=artist_msg-0_11004A8ABB2F673B

If nobody has any objections, I will begin the social media blitz.

I'm bumping this partially for Jamie's benefit so he knows that things have been looked at, partially for everyone's.

The situation is as follows. I have talked to the CSA. The "Canadian Supporters Section" is for us. Currently, tickets are being sold starting at Row 10 and working their way down. There is nothing the Canadian Soccer Association can do about this; it is a TicketMaster failing, not theirs. They have tried, and they want supporters at the front of the section as much as we want to be there. They can't place a "hold" on rows lower than row 10; this is also a TicketMaster failing.

The CSA said that if we treat the section amongst ourselves as "semi-general admission" we should be fine. I am inclined to agree. I think we should just buy tickets.

My suggestion is that we all get our tickets through TicketMaster in the Canada Soccer Supporters section and behave as much as possible like general admission. The link is:

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/canadas-mens-national-team-v-costa-edmonton-alberta-05-28-2013/event/11004A8ABB2F673B?artistid=1486690&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=11&tm_link=artist_msg-0_11004A8ABB2F673B

If nobody has any objections, I will begin the social media blitz.

Thanks for doing the homework on this and getting to the bottom of it. I knew it had to be at least one of TM or CSA that was gumming up the works. I agree with the strategy of doing an informal general admission section and going ahead with individual purchases. If you want to start the blitz, I say go for it and go hard!

Thanks for doing the homework on this and getting to the bottom of it. I knew it had to be at least one of TM or CSA that was gumming up the works. I agree with the strategy of doing an informal general admission section and going ahead with individual purchases. If you want to start the blitz, I say go for it and go hard!

I say this works somewhat better now that everybody knows that there won't be anybody sitting below row 10 so it makes it easy to be semi-general admission. No one in rows 1-9 will complain about having their seat taken! Just buy in rows 10+ and move into rows 1-9 come kickoff! I wish I could make it to this game. :(

I say this works somewhat better now that everybody knows that there won't be anybody sitting below row 10 so it makes it easy to be semi-general admission. No one in rows 1-9 will complain about having their seat taken! Just buy in rows 10+ and move into rows 1-9 come kickoff! I wish I could make it to this game. :(

To be clear: the tickets are being sold from row 10 down to row 1. So if 50 people buy tickets filling rows 7, 8, and 9 and don't want to move... well, that's possible. But pretty unlikely. If we all go in thinking "general admission", and we advertise these things appropriately, we should be fine given the probable numbers.

Archived