Montreal MLS Watch

tmcmurph

Hey guys. Welcome to the top level in North America (in a year). I'm sure you will enjoy this last season in D2 all the while looking at the players going "could make it, won't make it, definitely will" just like we did last year.

As a long time Caps fan I must say I'm counting down the days. It is really happening. My god it is really happening! The reality of preparing for a new league, the drafts, the tryouts, the practices, the signings. It is very exciting. I'm sure you guys will get the feeling soon as well.

What I am interested in is how the club is building for the next level? The players will be the last thing put in place. The staff, scouts, directory of player development, academy, CEO, coach etc will all happen before the players.

So the question is have you Impact fans seen anything happening, heard any rumors of who will run the operation, who will be the head of scouting, what leagues they will scout, what style of play they will play, etc. All the off field stuff that will make or break the on field product.

Cheers and see you in the big league next year guys!

yes of course we all know who will do the scouting....Mauro Biello and Nick Desanctis.... they will be the Mo Johnston of montreal, till they take a beating on the pitch for a couple of years. Then Joey and company will wake up and hire some competent people to do soccer in montreal. They have organised a camp now for invites from all over the world. Most of these guys are totally useless. Guys that haven't played in a year, and guys who even before this past year, have played on average 10 games a year. What a joke these guys(NDS & Biello) are. Players from low divisions in greece, france and even one who was playing in the catalan league in spain(6th division).... They have the guts to say that these players are eventual MLS players..... Then they have university players. Anyways, we will talk in a year and a half from now when montreal is in last place in the mls and out of the playoffs come july....

yes of course we all know who will do the scouting....Mauro Biello and Nick Desanctis.... they will be the Mo Johnston of montreal, till they take a beating on the pitch for a couple of years. Then Joey and company will wake up and hire some competent people to do soccer in montreal. They have organised a camp now for invites from all over the world. Most of these guys are totally useless. Guys that haven't played in a year, and guys who even before this past year, have played on average 10 games a year. What a joke these guys(NDS & Biello) are. Players from low divisions in greece, france and even one who was playing in the catalan league in spain(6th division).... They have the guts to say that these players are eventual MLS players..... Then they have university players. Anyways, we will talk in a year and a half from now when montreal is in last place in the mls and out of the playoffs come july....

Not to defend him, but NDS has mentioned several times in the media that they are currently in the process of hiring scouting staff especially people with MLS experience...

And I was actually present for a day at the invite training camp and a few players present are of a very good caliber. Djoman (who played with Guingamp at the trophée des champions), Cammara and Haitian international Vorbe really stood out and should be invited to the regular camp.

Everybody knew all along that maybe only 4-5 of the players from that camp would be ultimately invited to the "real" camp. Sure, some of those players are filler type guys but what are you supposed to do? Have a tryout with

like 6 players?

More interesting players will be invited to the real camp or signed on after Feb. 7th. They are in the process of negotiating with goalkeeper Bill Gaudette actually.

Not to defend him, but NDS has mentioned several times in the media that they are currently in the process of hiring scouting staff especially people with MLS experience...

And I was actually present for a day at the invite training camp and a few players present are of a very good caliber. Djoman (who played with Guingamp at the trophée des champions), Cammara and Haitian international Vorbe really stood out and should be invited to the regular camp.

Everybody knew all along that maybe only 4-5 of the players from that camp would be ultimately invited to the "real" camp. Sure, some of those players are filler type guys but what are you supposed to do? Have a tryout with

like 6 players?

More interesting players will be invited to the real camp or signed on after Feb. 7th. They are in the process of negotiating with goalkeeper Bill Gaudette actually.

Camara hasn't played in a year. He is only 26, so if he was any good he would find a team easily in europe. Plus, on the internet it says he is coming as a defensive midfielder. He has only only centerback or rightback in his career.

Djoman has played 35 games since 2005.... this does not mean that he played full games either... this is 35 appearances, which means 1 minutes is an appearance as well... What does this tell you? These guys are not better than the Ribeiro's, Placentino or Leducs of the soccer world.... it will be exactly like Pastel from last year. They had said that pastel was amazing.... BIG FLOP!!!!

OH.... By the way they tied 1-1 vs our academy players! Let's get serious!

OH....by the way that was group "A" (made up of university guys and young players) that tied our academy players! The players I mentioned are all in Group "B" and will be playing this afternoon...

Camara hasn't played in a year. He is only 26, so if he was any good he would find a team easily in europe. Plus, on the internet it says he is coming as a defensive midfielder. He has only only centerback or rightback in his career.

Djoman has played 35 games since 2005.... this does not mean that he played full games either... this is 35 appearances, which means 1 minutes is an appearance as well... What does this tell you? These guys are not better than the Ribeiro's, Placentino or Leducs of the soccer world.... it will be exactly like Pastel from last year. They had said that pastel was amazing.... BIG FLOP!!!!

Actually, Camara was playing as a centerback at the tryouts...

OH....by the way that was group "A" (made up of university guys and young players) that tied our academy players! The players I mentioned are all in Group "B" and will be playing this afternoon...

i know that. But those players in group "A" are also in my thoughts. They could not beat a second team that was missing players in the lineup.

it will be exactly like Pastel from last year. They had said that pastel was amazing.... BIG FLOP!!!!

Pastel was a very skilled player and played great for the first 5 or 6 games. However, he was small and couldn't adapt to the much more physical game in North America than Portugal and once opponents learned they could disrupt his play by playing physically he became ineffective. Sometimes the only way to find out whether a player can play in a league is to try them out and Pastel certainly had the skill level to play here he just could not adapt to the style of play. I am no fan of NDS either but Pastel was a signing requested by MDS. A mistake for sure but probably the type of mistake that you have to make sometimes, had he been able to adapt and maintain the level of play he did at the beginning he would have been a star player.

I've said it in the other thread but the Impact said they will tend to favorize Francophone players (yeah!)

It's a win-win situation, the pool of Francophones is a big one (France, Belgium, a dozen of African and Carribean countries) and they get to play in a French-speaking city...

I've said it in the other thread but the Impact said they will tend to favorize Francophone players (yeah!)

It's a win-win situation, the pool of Francophones is a big one (France, Belgium, a dozen of African and Carribean countries) and they get to play in a French-speaking city...

I like this! It'll certainly go better than the Expos attempts to do the same thing!

It's a PRE TRAINING camp!!! These players are competing for an invite to the Official one, which begins February 7. Other players scouted during the Maestro's recent trek should be invited for the offical one. Looking forward to some player signings on Monday.

Archived