#futureMLSfranchise (Hilarity!)

Tuscan

Surprised no one has posted anything on this Twitter hash tag yet, but there are some absolute gems. All in response to the rebranding of Kansas City into Sporting Kansas City Soccer Club. My two personal favs are:

Lokomotiv Chattanooga

DC Utd. rebranding to AC DC

Post your favs below, or come up with some future Canadian franchise names (the more terrible the better!).

Surprised no one has posted anything on this Twitter hash tag yet, but there are some absolute gems. All in response to the rebranding of Kansas City into Sporting Kansas City Soccer Club. My two personal favs are:

Lokomotiv Chattanooga

DC Utd. rebranding to AC DC

Post your favs below, or come up with some future Canadian franchise names (the more terrible the better!).

Toke City FC (The Potters) remains my favourite for Vancouver. Not mine, not original, but quite hilarious.

Riel Manitoba would be absolutley hilarious.

Can anyone enlighten me as to why Kansas choose to add sporting to their name? Other than the fact many MLS sides are trying to go with more traditional european names for marketing reasons, what is the appeal? Does Kansas have a huge hispanic or Portuguese population? Whats the logic behind this move?

Personally I think naming teams after european clubs is hilarious in itself. Thats marketing for you...

Riel Manitoba is hilarious.

I'm still waiting for WUSA expansion team the Regina Envy.

The idea behind Sporting KC is that they want to be a "true sporting club" and not a franchise. I don't exactly know what that means exactly, but they are also talking about owning multiple sports teams under their banner. Field lacrosse in MLL seems like the likeliest first bet, but they could have hat in the rink if KC gets an NBA or NHL team for their new rink.

cheers,

matthew

CKSA Victoria, Traktor Saskatoon, Dinimo Halifax, or the Scandavian putting numbers after names...........

Labrador City 836429821. Sparta Whitehorse, Cape Breton Keltic, Inter Sudbury

Inter Regina ain't bad but how about a tradional Canadian name, Regina Beavers

But we'll probably get Tim Horton's Charlottetown

Thanks for the welcome ... been lurking for quite a while, mostly for interesting discussion on TFC. Not much news (or discussion) to be had around Regina. Will probably continue to lurk more than contribute. Haven't been to any games of note except for Bayern v Eintracht Frankfurt at Allianze two years ago ... too far to drive to Nats games. Perhaps when the Whitecaps come on board I can convince a couple of willing guys to go to Vancouver to catch a game or two.

Inter Regina and Regina Beavers goes nicely together ... both suitably offside. It is the city that rhymes with fun after all.

Thanks for the welcome ... been lurking for quite a while, mostly for interesting discussion on TFC. Not much news (or discussion) to be had around Regina. Will probably continue to lurk more than contribute. Haven't been to any games of note except for Bayern v Eintracht Frankfurt at Allianze two years ago ... too far to drive to Nats games. Perhaps when the Whitecaps come on board I can convince a couple of willing guys to go to Vancouver to catch a game or two.

Inter Regina and Regina Beavers goes nicely together ... both suitably offside. It is the city that rhymes with fun after all.

Honest to gawd truth.............

A few years ago the Jr A hockey team in Moncton..... the Moncton Beavers moved to the burbs of the neighbouring city of Dieppe (yah, like Moncton has burbs) and called themselves the Commandos.

Headlines were Beavers go Commandos.

Aylesbury Town (Sask - the pitch would be larger than the actual place plus a Eurosnobby name taken straight from the lower divisions of England!)

Hearts of Hearts Content, NFLD

Young Boys Sackville

Go Ahead Head Smashed in Buffalo Jump

Viktoria Victoria

Fortuna Flin Flon

FFF Flin Flon, Venlo eat your heart out!

Archived