TFC v Dallas Pre Game Thoughts and Notes

bgnewf

They'll take tomorrow and Monday to recover and then come back with all the big guns on Tuesday. Remember, they haven't had a congested schedule yet. They had 3 weeks off in June and have been playing once a week for the last 5 weeks since the break. The game against Bolton was pretty much all subs.

By the way, for posters wanting to start a game thread don't bother with pre-game threads, or in-game threads or post-game threads. There isn't enough traffic to warrant that. Just start a thread, name the teams playing and the date of the game and the stadium if you feel like it.

By the way, for posters wanting to start a game thread don't bother with pre-game threads, or in-game threads or post-game threads. There isn't enough traffic to warrant that. Just start a thread, name the teams playing and the date of the game and the stadium if you feel like it.

Can I create the official half-time talk thread?

I don't like this ref today.

And Sanyang exaggerates way too much to my taste.

Really? I thought he had a strong first half.

I thought the yellow card for the foul on Sanyang was weak but he ahs had some good calls you are right, it's just my subjective opinion

1-1

I recall Shea being a really bright prospect for the USA? Cause I don't see in what he's so special. Maybe he's having a bad game.

He's really good for a 20 years old though, don't get me wrong... but not international status right now.

A point is a point but you really could have used 3. You are tied for the last playoff spot currently but have a game in hand. Every point helps but you need to get some 3 pointers and the sooner the better. JDG looked much better today. Santos looked good but your other DP was very rough at best. Sloppy play by Dero that lead to the corner that gave Dallas their goal.

TFC is looking like the 2009 season team giving up late goals in last 2 games now... Is it going to be the same against Motagua?

BTW, on the Dallas goal, the fault goes not only to DeRo but also to Garcia thanks to his bad pass, and... DeRo did a good to finish Garcia's bad play.

Yeah from where I was it looked like he was trying to save Garcia's bad pass from going straight out.

Yes a point is a point but at home 1 point is 2 dropped and Toronto has one win over their last five at home. Draws are good on the road, not at home and IMO this is a bad result.

With a CCL game to be played in 4 days, it's going to be interesting what the starting XI will be for this game. To me there's no doubt, CCL is what matters. So I hope to see the big guns for the game against Motagua.

I'd be amazed if making the playoffs wasn't Preki's top priority. One or both of Preki and Mo Johnston are highly likely to be gone if it doesn't happen. Although Preki is a much better coach than Cummins and Carver in an MLS context from speaking to people after games I get the impression that a lot of supporters who were new to following a pro soccer team when TFC arrived on the scene don't like him that much and would be more comfortable with somebody with an English premiership sort of background. Image over substance basically. I suspect that sort of attitude might extend to the non-soccer people making decisions at MLSE, unfortunately. Bottom line is that Preki needs concrete results in the core league competition this season to be sure of being back next year to a much greater extent than John Carver did back in 2008.

Archived