Toronto to Montreal bus - Canada v Honduras

Califax

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All things considered, renting a bus probably won't work out for this trip. But the Megabus schedule is very conducive to our needs, especially for those who may have to work at 9 a.m. on Wednesday. So piling ourselves into one of those could be the most cost-effective option.

Looking at bus options. I think I'd take the one that arrives in Montreal @4:05 PM and then leave Montreal @ 12:15 AM...

Megabus is pretty slick. I wonder if we could figure out how many people would be up for taking a same day bus trip and making a pitch to a bus company to get cheap bus tickets for a group of people. We just need to find a bus that departs at like 10 or 11 pm. What is the start time of the game?

Megabus is pretty slick. I wonder if we could figure out how many people would be up for taking a same day bus trip and making a pitch to a bus company to get cheap bus tickets for a group of people. We just need to find a bus that departs at like 10 or 11 pm. What is the start time of the game?

Game starts at 7.30 I believe and the 12:30 am return is the only one that lets you get back that night unfortunately.

my neighbour has buses (a big firm) and i can probably swing a good deal.

can you guys give me a rough idea of how many people we would get? i would only be interested myself if it was a same day thing.

say leave here at 12pm game day and leave from montreal back to toronto at say 10pm??? we would get back her at approximately 3am.

we could also arrange pick ups and drop offs say at bmo, yorkdale, oshawa?, kingston?

i could get me +1 =2 (keep the tally going guys)

i will post some rough costs here tonight

ok... so i talked to my neighbour and he said getting a bus for that day is no problem.

we can get a 56 passenger bus for about $2200 so.. if we fill the bus, it will be about $40 per person (pick up and return included. he can only pick up within the boundaries of pickering so... i would suggest we have a pick up at say

bmo and yorkdale and maybe scarborough town centre and/or pickering town centre if need be.

they can also provide smaller buses too if need be but only the 48 and 56 have a bathroom.

can everyone indicate how many seats they will need on here so that we can get this going?

if this is a go, i would need money up front so that we don't have anyone back out and make us pay more.

i can set up a paypal account as i have in the past with a (failed support) bus trip but i really hope this one works out!

potentially, we would leave here at 12pm arrive around 6-6:30 (traffic) head to bar 99 and then walk to the game. the bus would be waiting for us and we would depart around 10:00 or so and arrive back in toronto around 3am.

-hodgkiss

tally is...

oranje +1 =2

hodgkiss +1? = 4

califax = 5

rudi = 6

squizz = 7

djcuse? = 8

themodelcitizen? = 9

fort york redcoat? = 10

mulliganl = 11

jpg75 = 12

razcale = 13

tuscan +1 = 15

i am canadian = 16

lord bob = 17

sam +3 = 21

if anyone else is interested, please copy and paste into a new reply and firm up

as well (for those on the fence)

i think we need AT LEAST say 40 people to make this worthwhile for a bus

I think 9 am would actually be a way better departure time. It would both give some leeway in case there is traffic and also give you time to arrive at Frappe have a few beers, socialize and get food at the several good restaurants in the area (you can bring food in to Frappe) like Schwartz's which is right accross the street. 6:00 will probably be about the time we start the march because the game is at 7:30.

oranje +1 =2

hodgkiss +1? = 4

califax = 5

rudi = 6

squizz = 7

djcuse? = 8

themodelcitizen? = 9

fort york redcoat? = 10

jpg75 = 11

razcale = 12

tuscan +1 = 14

i am canadian = 15

lord bob = 16

sam +3 = 20

Doylecanuck = 21 (he's my +1... not like that)

*Removed myself from the list. I might be working in Kawartha Lakes that day. Am still waiting to find out.

we can probably do a 1/2 price for non returning people. however, it's very important we fill this bus so this wopn't be going anywhere unless we get more people in it.

So would you guys be able to do a Kingston stop?

OK, a deadline needs to be set for this bus to happen/not happen, to give people ample time to make alternate arrangements.

Not to be a buzzkill, but it really doesn't look like there will be enough interest for this to be economically feasible. As I mentioned previously, Megabus's schedule is such that anyone wanting to do a one-day trip could do so... but of course, the longer people wait, the fewer of those tickets are available.

So if nothing is firmed up on this rented bus by the end of this week, I'm out and will take the Megabus instead.

OK, a deadline needs to be set for this bus to happen/not happen, to give people ample time to make alternate arrangements.

Not to be a buzzkill, but it really doesn't look like there will be enough interest for this to be economically feasible. As I mentioned previously, Megabus's schedule is such that anyone wanting to do a one-day trip could do so... but of course, the longer people wait, the fewer of those tickets are available.

So if nothing is firmed up on this rented bus by the end of this week, I'm out and will take the Megabus instead.

I second this. I'm picking up Megabus tickets soon if this doesn't develop into anything... sorry all

Everyone aboard the MEGABUS!

Alright, so Doyle and I are booked for the Megabus leaving Toronto at 9:30 a.m. Tuesday, arriving in Montreal 4:05 p.m. Then the return leg departs 12:15 a.m. Wednesday (15 minutes past midnight) and gets back to Toronto at 6:30 a.m. Total round-trip cost is about $65. It was cheaper a few weeks ago, and may continue to rise, so if you're interested, I suggest booking early.

The Montreal bus terminal is within walking distance of Cafe Frappe, too, so this itinerary works well for pre- and post-game festivities.

Yes the bus terminal is about a 15-20 minute walk from the Frappe so if the bus is on time you should be at Frappe by 4:30 at the latest. Time for a couple hours of drinking and socializing. If you are hungary wait to get to Frappe before eating because there are some really good places right accross the street from it (Schwarz's for example) and you can take food into Frappe. I will put up a map once we get a bit nearer to game time.

Archived