Caps Sign 2 More

tmcmurph

http://www.whitecapsfc.com/archive/feature04011002.aspx

Resign Canadian defender Luca Bellisomo and new signing of Canadian goalkeeper Dan Pelc. The second one is very interesting. "The 6-foot-5, 205-pound native of Hamilton, Ontario, spent the past two seasons with Serbian White Eagles of the eastern-based Canadian Soccer League (CSL)."

Good to see a CSL alumni getting a shot. I don't think he will see much playing time given that Nolly has the start pretty much locked up but being part of the Caps organization and getting to train full time can only help Pelc.

I don't follow the CSL nearly as much as I should, but I know Dan Pelc was perhaps the best player in the CSL. I think some of the Impact players that played a few games for TRA referred to him as being a professional-quality player.

He's still young enough (23) that he can develop into a keeper good enough to be added to the NT pool

I don't follow the CSL nearly as much as I should, but I know Dan Pelc was perhaps the best player in the CSL. I think some of the Impact players that played a few games for TRA referred to him as being a professional-quality player.

He's still young enough (23) that he can develop into a keeper good enough to be added to the NT pool

Plus he plays a position (keeper) that usually is a late developer type of thing and he is now with an organization that will give him the opportunity to develop. Good to hear that he was viewed so highly in the CSL and by the Impact players who saw him.

Archived