Canadians to watch in PDL

Jason

With more PDL clubs in Canada than ever before, I wanted to see if we could put together a list of Canadian players to watch for in the future. It could be an interesting exercise and fun to look at later on. I am only thinking of Canadian players, so foreigners playing on Canadian clubs don't count (that takes away most the the TB Chill roster) but Canadians on American PDL clubs could be included.

I will start with four suggestions: Diaz Kambere and Brad Peetoom, both with Abbotsford, Jordan Hughes with Victoria and Randy Edwini-Bonsu of Whitecaps residency. Kambere is only one year from an appearance with TFC and as a regular with the Whitecaps. I would think he still may have a chance to go further. Peetoom was part of the 2005 U20 club so he may still have potential. Hughes has pro experience. Edwini-Bonsu is one of many players with huge potential on the residency team.

Jason

• 2 weeks later...
quote:Originally posted by rick titus

Jordan Webb Toronto Lynx. Good young player for sure!

Hi Rick, how's it going? It's been a while since we talked.

Rickster, how does one get in touch with you?

I spoke to Roman, he can't find your number, at least not quick enough lol. I need to talk to you - soon.

There is no email or PM on this board.

How do we make this happen?

Thanks Rick

Jordan Webb was a sub in the Italia Shooters game yesterday against North York Astros. This game was a Rogers broadcast so there's another thread to actually download and watch that game. I couldn't tell if he got any game action or not. I had retreated to my car to watch the game from the endzone during the neverending rain.

Rick Titus is definitely featured in that game!

quote:Originally posted by dalglish07

Will Beaugé from Ottawa is a PDL star. Made the all league team last year and scored 10 goals and added 6 assists again this year as a RW. I can't see how he hasn't got a look from Impact, TFC or Whitecaps yet. For that matter national team.

Might as well throw in Man United and the World Cup Golden Boot while you're at it.

nolando, stupid comment. Whitecaps and Impact are hardly superb teams. How can someone with a pedigree like that get a trial at San Jose of the MLS and not with the other two teams? How hard is it to give someone a trial. I'm not talking about everyone I am talking about someone who is a 2 time PDL All Star and out performed players in your own PDL squad.

Your response is typical small time Canadian soccer thinking.

quote:Originally posted by dalglish07

nolando, stupid comment. Whitecaps and Impact are hardly superb teams. How can someone with a pedigree like that get a trial at San Jose of the MLS and not with the other two teams? How hard is it to give someone a trial. I'm not talking about everyone I am talking about someone who is a 2 time PDL All Star and out performed players in your own PDL squad.

Your response is typical small time Canadian soccer thinking.

Seeing as how San Jose is quite poor compared to either of the Canadian USL teams, I can quite easily see how he would get a trial with the Earthquakes and not get a sniff from the Impact or Whitecaps. Good luck to the young man. His PDL record is terrific. Let's see him put it together in a higher league.

quote:Originally posted by rick titus

Jordan Webb Toronto Lynx. Good young player for sure!

Also consider Matthew Smith who led the Lynx in minutes played this summer, having been on the field for every minute of every game except for the second half at Kalamazoo, which was due to a first half injury. Matthew moved up to the PDL team this year after captaining the U20s last season to the North American final.

Archived