Voyageurs Cup Website

Is there a new Voyageurs Cup website now that it is the Nutrilite Canadian Championship (and I don't mean the one found on the CSA's site)? Could the old site be rebuilt in order to give the competition its own web location instead of being attached the the CanadaSoccer site?

quote:Originally posted by Ed

^ CSA has complete rights to the property now. End of story.

Well, they don't have complete intellectual rights to "the property." There is literally nothing stopping someone from making a professional quality Voyageurs Cup website. You just can't claim it's the official site. The CSA doesn't even use the term Voyageurs Cup, so I can't see how it would be a problem.

quote:Originally posted by MediaGuy

Well, they don't have complete intellectual rights to "the property." There is literally nothing stopping someone from making a professional quality Voyageurs Cup website. You just can't claim it's the official site. The CSA doesn't even use the term Voyageurs Cup, so I can't see how it would be a problem.

We agreed to drop our site, other than our archives of the previous 6 years.

A partnership couldn't be agreed to in any way? Wouldn't the V Cup keeping its own web location be good for this site as well? Get exposure, say, on CBC. Have them talk about the website or something during the telecasts of both V Cup games and TFC matches that are close to V Cup match dates. Am I dreaming again?

quote:Originally posted by Tuscan

A partnership couldn't be agreed to in any way? Wouldn't the V Cup keeping its own web location be good for this site as well? Get exposure, say, on CBC. Have them talk about the website or something during the telecasts of both V Cup games and TFC matches that are close to V Cup match dates. Am I dreaming again?

I don't think the sponsors are concerned about exposure for the V's.

quote:Originally posted by Winnipeg Fury

We agreed to drop our site, other than our archives of the previous 6 years.

That was a really odd thing for them to ask of you. There is still nothing stopping someone from starting their own site. You can't stop people from writing about things or from using the name of your competition (which, again, isn't officially called the Voyageurs Cup anyway).

quote:Originally posted by MediaGuy

That was a really odd thing for them to ask of you. There is still nothing stopping someone from starting their own site. You can't stop people from writing about things or from using the name of your competition (which, again, isn't officially called the Voyageurs Cup anyway).

I guess someone, as in some random fan, could start a site.

But we, the Voyageurs, agreed not to.

The fact that we call the tournament The Voyageurs Cup, is probably one reason they want the site down. The sponsors are paying money for this. Their request makes sense to me.

Personally I don't care who the sponsor is. Sponsors come and go. For us, it will always be called The Voyageurs Cup, and 2009 will be the eighth year running (at least I think we are now at 8).

Archived