FIFA Suspends feuding Peru from Int'l soccer

Free kick

http://www.tsn.ca/soccer/story/?id=257259&lid=sublink01&lpos=headlines_soccer

ZURICH, Switzerland - FIFA suspended Peru from international football Tuesday because the government is feuding with the national federation.

Football's world governing body gave the sides a month to settle their differences before its executive committee discusses the issue at a meeting Dec 19-20 in Tokyo. It could choose to expel Peru entirely..................

The Peruvian Federation, UNBELIEVABLY, is in worse shape than the CSA. They have a real mafia in control there. They are corrupt, and have failed over and over again. Everyone wants them out. Everyone. The players, the coaches, the public. It got so bad even the government had to step in and are trying to force the crooks out.

AND now, the Peruvian Federation crooks are calling their FIFA crook buddies to protect them and keep them in power. It is such a horrible situation. Worse than in Canada. Peru has the talent to compete. They show that with ties against Brazil and Argentina, and yet due to lack of preparation, funding, proper coaching, and zero support from their association, they ultimately fail.

With FIFA, its almost impossible to clean your own house. Its a worldwide mafia. Lets hope we can get Maestracci, Montagliani, and Ursini the hell away from our soccer before they too make the right friends and become protected/untouchable FIFA underbosses.

When I posted the above story, I thought that you might chime in with some insight given that you would be more familar with that situation than anyone of us.

Equally, I was also thinking of those futiles attempts by some who suggested writting letters to Politicians and even Fifa to try and oust the CSA.

quote:Originally posted by Free kick

When I posted the above story, I thought that you might chime in with some insight given that you would be more familar with that situation than anyone of us.

Equally, I was also thinking of those futiles attempts by some who suggested writting letters to Politicians and even Fifa to try and oust the CSA.

As more governments and especially as the EU look at football FIFA wont be able to operate above national laws.

Thats the argument in Peru the Football association has president who has be barred by a legitimate law, and FIFA does not act.

Shamefull

Well, for Peru it's a good time to stir it up with FIFA. So they're suspended, so what? They ain't going to SA and the next round of WCQ doesn't begin for 3 years. That's a pretty comfortable window for reformers.

Sucks that the youth teams won't be able to play internationals, and sucks that the fans won't see NT matches for a while but sometimes the bitter medicine is needed to properly cure the body.

Sound advise for a lot of the federations which are out of the running for South Africa, wouldn't you say?

Peru doesn't have a lot of time to deal with this before they are kicked out of FIFA until after WC 2014 according to some rumours. It doesn't look good.

To be clear, the Governing Body of Sports in Peru's only beef is that they do not recognize the "elected" President of the FPF, a dip**** by the name of Burga. He has been in charge for quite a few WCQs and has nothing to show for it. He has a strangle hold on power despite many failures and getting caught in frauds, similar to Jack Warner. He keeps getting voted into power by his "friends" (club owners in Peru, just like how a block of provinces voted for Mitchell) and by rigging votes, bribing etc.

Peru will lose their status with FIFA because ONE MAN chooses not to step aside after years of failures, just so he can stick around for a paycheque. Reminds me of the mitchell situation, but worse.

quote:Originally posted by The Ref

So if it takes suspension by FIFA to clean house, good for Perú. Our Government doesn't have those guts or interest to act against the CSA. The CSA Board will never abdicate so nothing will ever change.

Dont be so sure .. if the CSA imposes as it can its proposed tax increase on players.. a heck of a lot of clubs might just realize they can pull the plug and leave the CSA with only the pro clubs who need to be members .. that would be mmm TFC, Impact and Whitecaps.. plus the various USL sides youth and adult. The rest pull out.. worst affect, you cant play in US tournaments, but likely a few CSA clubs would remain and would for a fee register teams for such events.

The clubs dont need the CSA or the existing Provincials sending taxes up the line, I suspect they dont need the provinces, does any club really care about a national amateur youth club championship ?

The clubs outside CSA could access the NCCP courses as required and NSCA for technical training, or use private sector coaching trainers.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived