Patrice Bernier transfers to FC Nordsjælland

loyola

Yes, but I never felt he was very good for the MNT in the offensive side of his game as a flank midfielder, that's all. Being able to provide helping defence for the fullback is an important part of flank midfield play and I think he's good at it. And, in all honesty, I thought he played quite well for us as the holding mid/link man in front of the back four during the September friendly vs Costa Rica: he looked effective switching the ball that night, but he also showed he could break down opposition pressure by making a feint to pass, followed by a quick turn and dribble to initiate another build up. It was his best game in an MNT shirt, which he followed up with a very poor second half passing performance vs South Africa

quote:Originally posted by Winnipeg Fury

Welcome back !!

Not really been away... I have just not had time visiting that often... :D

It's not by chance that Patrice Bernier was picked up by FCN. They are among the most attacking minded teams in the Danish Superliga and play an entertaining "Dutch" style of football, but they have had great trouble making their mark in the Superliga because they are a very young team that in the past only have been able to afford to sign and develop younger talents, so they have really been in need of some more expereinced players.

However, this season the Danish League TV deal has grown by 50% from around US$ 42 million to around US$ 63 million divided between the 12 Superliga teams, so all the Danish league clubs have mainly gone shopping in the German Bundesliga and 2.Bundesliga this summer, instead of signing the usual Swedish or Norwegian league players... FCN have also been able to do some shopping in Germany and by signing Patrice Bernier finally add some more experience to their otherwise very young and talented squad..

quote:Originally posted by BrennanFan

im thinking maybe the players are helping eachother out, putting a good word in to the coaches etc.

This is also the second time that Bernier has been the beneficiary of this, first from Simpson at FCK and second with Issey at FCN. May also have to do with the players having the same agents with contacts to the same clubs.

Archived