Attiba and Jules @ TFC

DigzTFC

I love how De Guzman says he loves the atmosphere of BMO field, and yet says he doesn't want to play any Canadian WCQ's their cause of the pitch.. Get over it! A strong 15-20,000 fan base is a much better advantage then some turf, come on now...

quote:Originally posted by djcuse

I love how De Guzman says he loves the atmosphere of BMO field, and yet says he doesn't want to play any Canadian WCQ's their cause of the pitch.. Get over it! A strong 15-20,000 fan base is a much better advantage then some turf, come on now...

Sat match was horrible. The supporters know it, it was like a graveyard...

Anyways just seeing what I saw on the board. I wasn't at the matchmyself.

For the Life of me, I can't understand why MLSE decided on artifical turf? Mainteanance and costs, should not be a factor for an orginization of this size.

I was with my buddies from school and we were joking about chirping JDG2 if we saw him. We were pulling out of the parking lot and who do we see? JDG2 sitting on the curb, the chirps were about to be thrown. Then we saw Julian and we freaked we were like "Holy ****! That's Julian!" there were about eight of us and we pulled by yelling his name he turned and waved. Then my buddy started waving a Canada scarf out the window at Jonathan and he laughed. One of Julian's friends came over and gave us passes for his party but none of us are old enough anyways lol. We were trying to get out of the parking lot and it was taking forever and when we were farther away we saw Atiba come up and talk to Julian, was pretty pissed we missed him.

Not when half that crowd is Jamaican.

A strong 15-20,000 fan base is a much better advantage then some turf, come on now...

Real easy for you to say. You are not lacing up your boots to play on that surface for a World Cup Qualifier.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Not when half that crowd is Jamaican.

exactly. Those 20,000 that pack the stands each day aren't all true fans. In fact most of them are glory hunters and are only behind TFC because it is the "cool" thing to do. If you asked them their favorite international team they would say Italy or some other big team. They just don't understand and this is shown by the support last time the match was at BMO only 9,000 showed up.

quote:Originally posted by massimo

Real easy for you to say. You are not lacing up your boots to play on that surface for a World Cup Qualifier.

England had to do it when they played in Russia at Luzniki stadium for this years Euro qualifer, and they hardly made any fuss about it...

Its 90 minutes on a synthetic turf that has its fully regulated by FIFA, were not asking them to play 80 games on this stuff...

Honestly I'd be a little shocked to see both JDG and Atiba on TFC at the same time even if they were both committed to playing for TFC at some point. JDG is a few years older than Atiba and has about 5 more years of being able to play at the top levels in Europe, I suspect Atiba has a few more after that, so unless JDG was going to play into his late 30's, or one (or both) of them were going to sacrifice some part of their playing and earning peak years to come back to TFC I doubt they'd suit up together in a TFC midfield. Atiba and JDG2 perhaps, but not Atiba and de Guzman the elder.

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Impact

For the Life of me, I can't understand why MLSE decided on artifical turf? Mainteanance and costs, should not be a factor for an orginization of this size.

Part of the deal was that BMO was to be available for community use. Grass obviously won't hold up to that, so turf it was. Grass and turf have both pro's and con's IMO.

Anyways, have to see and hope that it's catered more for the Canadian supporters but I'd be happy with 15k at the game. a sell out would be amazing though.

Archived