Dear Rob Friend haters...

Soju

...still hating?

There was quite a bit of talk on here about the uselessness of Friend and superiority of Gerba and Occean as our CF. Was his performance against Brazil good enough to silence his critics? Was his strong B2 season and proven ability at club level to score all sorts of ways noticed and respected? For those still hating what will he have to do to prove he's the mf'in man up in this piece? :D

Who cares really as long as DM knows his quality thats what matters and I think its pretty clear he does.

Besides that I think he fits our team perfectly with so many skilled attackers just sitting behind him, he holds up the ball and distributes well and is strong in the air. Also we usually have good results with him in the squad. Go Friend in 2010!

Keep up the great work, Rob! With regards to our striker pool in general, I really would like to see another player emerge in the coming season and work his way into the mix. With Radzinski being used as a flank man from midfield, Hume is our only-change-of-tempo type of substitute forward in the current group, but he's more of a quick, rabble-rouser who is at his best hitting shots from distance. In additiion to him I wish we had another striker substitute who gives us some more flat out pace to stretch a defence better, giving us another tactical dimension for opponents to consider. Regardless, I'm hoping that the current depth is in form and can keeps chipping in goals.

well i felt he was being gifted the starter role without having proved himself in a canada shirt. i just wanted him to prove himself and that he did against brazil. he's our go to guy up front, no doubt about it.

however, as good as friend is, i dont think we should write off occean and gerba. they might be just as good as rob, just one break out season away from stardom as rob was 1 year ago. whoever is producing should start, regardless of playing level IMO.

I'll come out and say I was a big time hater, but if Rob can have more games like that and less games like the haiti outing last year then I'll be ecstatic. That being said, I never wish any canadian players badly, I just was never convinced about Rob because of his inability to score in red. What a great outing for him against brazil, and i hope he can keep that up for qualifiers!

quote:Originally posted by Soju

^Are you serious?

hater

noun

a person who hates

opposite of lover, that would be a person who loves...I'm a Rob Friend lover/I'm a Rob Friend hater.

What's the problem?

Thank you for the lesson, Tips. Actually, you are using the word incorrectly (a lesson in return, eh). It isn't: I'm a Rob Friend hater. It is: I hate Rob Friend.**

** I don't hate Rob Friend.

I'm guessing you've heard this word used in rap culture etc. and assumed it was goofy, but it's grammatically sound.

1. I v. + sth. Example: I love pizza.

2. I'm a n. + n.= correct too. I'm a pizza lover. I'm a soccer player. I'm a tree hugger.

Hater is a word (see dictionary), it's a noun. So if hater is a noun, and the formula I'm a noun+noun works in the above examples, why can't the word hater be inserted into the sentence? It can be, even if it sounds wack played out OR trippin to you.

Are you a hater hater? Don't hate tha gramma' hate tha game!

Edit: Rob Friend rulezzzzz

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

You guys are both wrong. The correct term is HATERZZZZZZZ. I have this information from the friends of Daniel Fernandez and there is no greater authority than that.

I stand corrected. ;)

A "Rob Friend hater", I must add, does not automatically (or solely) mean "One who hates Rob Friend". That is one possible meaning, but there are others.

And to think people write entire theses on these distinctions.

Archived