Huckerby to TFC?

Guest Can. in UK

There are also rumours of Stefano Fiore coming to "play football in Canada". I've got emails out to every A.C. Mantova supporters group I could find online to see if this is BS or if there really are rumours in Italy about an impending move from his current club.

Fiore would be an excellent pick up as well, although I'm not sure there is enough cap space for both of Fiore and Huckerby.

Just got a reply from Italy regarding the Stefano Fiore rumours that are floating around.

I am going to go out on a limb and say that this rumour is pure BS.

First, Fiore is still the property of Valencia of Spain. He is on loan with A.C. Mantova. Valencia is still paying a good chunk of his wages. For no other reason, Mantova would not want him to leave at this point in the year as they are trying to make a run at promotion.

Second, his annual salary is currently around 1 million euro. That's a bit shocking to me. This means TFC would be forced to use the DP slot on him and I highly doubt that is going to happen with Stefano Fiore.

Third, he is apparently on record saying that he wants to help the team win promotion to Serie A.

If Fiore ever signs with TFC, it will only happen once Fiore is out of contract. The contract with Valencia ends this summer. I am just curious how much money it would take to bring him over once his contract ends

quote:Originally posted by Can. in UK

http://www.fansfc.com/frontpage/frontpagenews.asp?newsid=180150

Norwich manager says there's nothing doing... as far as he is aware.

Over at U-Sector, the talk is that MLS may wait for him to be out of contract on July 1 and then hopefully snap him up. Sean Keay, who works at The Score, is adamant that negotiations are taking place.

db

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just an update Huckerby has been released by Norwich and in the past MLS has been mentioned. Also noted is he recently said on Radio that he wouldn't like to play against Norwich. So that could mean a MLS move maybe.

Archived