Capello to follow Beckham to new job in MLS?

georg

Updated: July 16, 2007

Capello to follow Beckham to new job in MLS?

Reuters

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=445830&cc=5901

MILAN, July 16 (Reuters) - Fabio Capello is mulling over a job offer in the United States following his sacking by Real Madrid last month.

Capello won the Spanish title in his first season but complaints about his team's style of play and failure in the Champions League led to him being replaced by Bernd Schuster.

'They have contacted me from the United States, however I must think about it,' Capello told Monday's Gazzetta Dello Sport without naming the U.S. team.

'It would be a new experience that would intrigue me not for the money but to see if anyone could make American soccer take off.'

David Beckham, dropped by Capello at Real before being brought back into the team to help win the title, has just joined Los Angeles Galaxy in a multi-million dollar deal aimed at increasing interest in soccer in the U.S.

Capello, the former AC Milan, AS Roma and Juventus coach, said he had received other offers.

'Dynamo Kiev and Lokomotiv (Moscow) have come to me with interesting work propositions but I have left it,' added the 61-year-old, who said last month he would contemplate retirement.

Capello? Regardless of how Real Madrid's season turned out, I wonder what kind of relationship these two guys have. In the other thread I guessed Klinsmann could be a choice, since he's California-based already. In any case I believe "Frankie Goes to Hollywood" Yallop is going to receive a pink slip sooner than later.

quote:Originally posted by BearcatSA

Capello? Regardless of how Real Madrid's season turned out, I wonder what kind of relationship these two guys have. In the other thread I guessed Klinsmann could be a choice, since he's California-based already. In any case I believe "Frankie Goes to Hollywood" Yallop is going to receive a pink slip sooner than later.

I think Chicago Fire are still looking for a permament coach and someone who can handle Blanco when he arrives.

Capello in MLS would be excellent. Could you imagine him taking over in Salt Lake City....that would be a riot.

If there is a serious offer, it would most certainly be coming from the Galaxy. Yallop's clock is ticking like a time bomb.

what MLS are you dreaming, If he considers it would only be with the National team only if he goes it will only for the whole pie not a small piece

What a Move for the USA if they should get him. I bet they will, and that is the only thing the USA needed a High euro coach that knows what he is doing.... If it happens the USA will have a excellent chance now of winning the world cup 2010 South Africa. and put the USA in the MAP of Champions....

Forza USA

quote:Originally posted by BigBird

what MLS are you dreaming, If he considers it would only be with the National team only if he goes it will only for the whole pie not a small piece

What a Move for the USA if they should get him. I bet they will, and that is the only thing the USA needed a High euro coach that knows what he is doing.... If it happens the USA will have a excellent chance now of winning the world cup 2010 South Africa. and put the USA in the MAP of Champions....

Forza USA

For sure! The USA don't even need to produce any good players. Just hire one of the top 50 coaches in the world, and that's all it will take to make them world beaters.

[:o)]

quote:Originally posted by VPjr

Capello in MLS would be excellent. Could you imagine him taking over in Salt Lake City....that would be a riot.

If there is a serious offer, it would most certainly be coming from the Galaxy. Yallop's clock is ticking like a time bomb.

Well, we do need a new U-20 coach right? Just kidding .... I think. [?]

db

We need a new National Mens coach.

Not kidding.

Sorry, off-topic.

I think that the MLS will be talking to plenty of high profile coaches and players for the purpose of promoting the league with rumours and gossip that gets reported.

However, Capello would find it VERY challenging in the MLS. But any MLS squad worth its salt should hope to be coached by him for a few seasons. Any ownership should hope to gain him to lead their player development system. I think he'd attract more professional interest than a dozen David Beckhams could attract.

But just his talking about the MLS is a huge billboard in Europe (and in latin America).

Archived