Tam and Rivaldo

George

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Soju

He can teach Tam how to dive.

You are intrinsically stupid. Rivaldo was never a diver and was always a player who was kicked to hell because he was the most talented player on the field.

If you want to cite him faking injury when a Turk player sent the ball his way, then that was disgraceful. I was especially embarrassed by it and felt he should have gotten a stiffer suspension. But it was totally out of character and exceptional, which made it so much sadder.

So, following the same pea-brain logic, I am going to call Gretzky a dirty hockey player and try to wipe out his legacy, and will only cite that rare time he got his stick in someone's face and was not called for it. And then I will be as much of a moron as you are.

At least, unlike you, I had the pleasure of watching the player in question live for a few years, so I know what i am talking about. And you clearly do not. I doubt you have actually seen more than three full games, or could remember a single goal right off. He was an absolutely wonderful player, and very clean, and very noble as well, the memory of him weaving through defenders with those long legs and getting kicked to **** as it was the only way to stop him is very clear in my mind.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Winnipeg Fury

Lighten up, jack-ass.

This is exactly the kind of personal attacking, pompous drivel, that is killing this forum.

I am killing this forum now, am I?

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

I am killing this forum now, am I?

That was just uncalled for, the quoted phrase. The rest of your post is quite interesting and your making valid points. But I'm not to sure you needed to attack personnaly the poster for what he said (it's only a reference to a well know event that was like you said disgracefull).

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by loyola

That was just uncalled for, the quoted phrase. The rest of your post is quite interesting and your making valid points. But I'm not to sure you needed to attack personnaly the poster for what he said (it's only a reference to a well know event that was like you said disgracefull).

You are probably right. The thing is, just laying out my arguments clearly and rationally is not always personally satisfying. It made me feel a lot better to have a dig at the poster I disagreed with.

If this forum did not afford me the chance for an occasional, childish spat, I would have left long ago.

Rivaldo is a legend, end of story. No amount of name calling can change that. We all know the little diving incident was something forgettable. But considering all the great memories, the great man surely could be allowed a little moment of bad judgement. As was mentioned, all great players have at times had to resort to diving coz of the constant kicks, hacks, grabs,elbows...etc....The man was and is still poetry in motion. Compared to Rooney who dives, insults referees, gets red cards...etc etct.. Rivo is an angel. Not even worth the comparison....

There are no angel's in soccer but Rivaldo is truly a gifted player who will alway have my respect. The one awful diving incident is not eggregious enough to write someone off forever, the same way I will always have respect for zizou.

The Angel remark was just in gest. It was to show that although I do agree the said diving incident was a bad mark on a great career, it was not as bad as some other players, namely, Wayne Rooney,have done and not been overly condemned. Maybe am mistaken, but if you look back at his career, Rivaldo has had no other similar moment. He has always been all about his football. Barca fans surely saw the best of this magical player. But even at 35 he has continued to show he is a class above many and definitely the best player in Greece. I am not ashamed to say it, he is my favorite player.

Archived