Radz leaving Fulham at end of the season

maccaliam

"With Tomasz Radzinski having turned down the club's offer of a one-year extension to his contract Coleman and his backroom staff are searching Europe for a possible replacement for next season."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=414837&cc=5901

I think most of us expected this as bc of his age, Fulham were only ever going to give him a one year deal, while i'm sure he is looking for at least a two year deal.

...and what, pray tell, would be a league of similar calibre that would take Radz on for a two year contract, let alone one?? Not Italy or Spain I'd be sure. His name may still have high value in Holland or Germany or thereabouts, but I doubt he'd be getting huge two-year offers given his age. Maybe he will be lured to Turkey or...gasp...Qatar, althought the selfish side of me (and I'm sure a whole lot of others) would like to see him at TFC.

...and what, pray tell, would be a league of similar calibre that would take Radz on for a two year contract, let alone one?? Not Italy or Spain I'd be sure. His name may still have high value in Holland or Germany or thereabouts, but I doubt he'd be getting huge two-year offers given his age. Maybe he will be lured to Turkey or...gasp...Qatar, althought the selfish side of me (and I'm sure a whole lot of others) would like to see him at TFC.

NOOO Radz! Take the one year extension! Show them you're not a mercenary! He finally looks good in his new role, if Fulham keep this team together next season with Bullard back and sign an effing center back they'll start looking like a football team! If he goes to another premiership team he won't be a regular first teamer and will fade away slowly. Terribble news. Hope he goes to TFC then.

quote:Originally posted by nolando

Couldn't agree with you more. Well I want to see Radz get as much first team playing time as possible, I doubt that he can get another contract that would be better than Fulham's offer (although we don't know what was actually offered). I would like to see him at TFC too, but I think he still has at least another year of quality Euro footie in him.

Maybe (hopefully) it's just a bit of postering. Don't expect that the year to year contract length is a problem. If it is he's being unrealistic. Coleman maybe taking too big of a bite out of Radz's paycheck and his pride is pushing him out the door.

Don't see him getting on anywhere else in the EPL except as maybe a sub. or injury cover. And in that role I don't expect he'll be on the same wage package as he's enjoyed up to this point.

Yeah. He's realy evolving into a high play-making midfielder. Has a on-field understanding with McBride. Not often do you see big Brian net one were Radz isn't somehow involved in the build-up/movement.

Archived