MINIMUM REQUIREMENT: 2ND ROUND GOLD CUP!!!!!!!!!!

Canadiense

Well I am sure that all of you are up to date by now with the CONCACAF Gold Cup draw. I know that we are on "track" to have a MNT coach by the end of this month.

So I am done with asking and hoping...

As a Canadian fan and knowning the skill level of our players, and the current draw that we have been placed in: Costa Rica, Canada, Haiti, Guadalupe...

I AM DEMANDING that Canada makes @ least the 2nd round of this tournament. Logically it has to be the MINIMUM REQUIREMENT FOR THIS TEAM.

I know the U20 World Cup is a HUGE event and I AM ALSO DEMANDING THAT CANADA MAKES THE 2ND ROUND IN THAT TOURNAMENT TOO (IN HOME SOIL WE HAVE TO MAKE IT WE JUST HAVE TO, THE FUTURE OF THE SPORT IN THIS COUNTRY DEPENDS ON THIS TOURNAMENT!)... But we also have to support our MNT and have a starting point of success @ least mentally... to set up a winning culture against teams like Guadalupe and Haiti.

I am even thinking of emailing the CSA expressing my 2 demands for this summer.

I AM 100% BEHIND CANADA IN BOTH TOURNAMENTS... I just want the CSA to UNDERSTAND the urgency of BOTH tournaments.

Any comments?

I agree. This club needs to be able to finish in the top eight of the twelve teams that are in this tournament. We have the skill, and we have the talent.

Of course, our preparation is leaving a lot to be desired. There is no reason in my opinion why we can not be a perenial semi-finalist at this tournament. The truth is however that the CSA takes this tournament lightly, and it is of little interest to them to succeed unfortunately.

Well I guess I dont have the overall power to demand what I would like to see from my country's national soccer team.

But I guess I am asking this demand in name of some many people who want a change in the MNT program and who BELEIVE that our MNT can do better than previous tries.

Our main Goal is to reach SouthAfrica2010, but it must start in this GoldCup and the U20 World Cup. As fans we have the responsibility to support both teams in both competitions (which I will do proudly this summer). As an organization, the CSA has the responsibility to demonstrate and show the potential that out Canadian players have, not better way to show than in the national team.

If we can not beat Guadalupe and Haiti, then what will that say about the status of the national team?

What will that say to the confidence of the sport in this country. The U20 World Cup must be there to put interest on the people to enjoy the sport here in Canada... But if we want to give more support and credit to the national team, it has to start somewhere, and soon...

The MNT program can not continue to wait, it must produce results, the qualification to 2010 depends on it...

I agree. The BARE Minimum is that this team MUST make it to the second round at least. I am contemplating about writing a letter to the CSA on expressing my demands as well. Hopefully if they get into the second round, perhaps maybe they can make it to the QF game in Houston. I am planning to go to Houston for the Gold Cup again this summer. That or Chicago or Los Angeles, via bus.

thats some bus ride to Los Angeles you will have there.

I would like to write the CSA and make similar demands myself but at the end of the day, who am I to them and what is going to happen (of any consequence) if my demands are not met? Nothing.

I would hope that the supposed new CSA and its leadership would have the understanding that in order to have a bright new era, there needs to be some bright spots. Going out in the first round would obviously not be considered any sort of a good thing, and thus I am using a little (blind) faith until the "new CSA" gives me a reason not to believe in their new regime.

While I had hoped a new head coach would be in place by now and proper preparation for the Gold Cup announced, I am willing to wait a bit longer before I begin to mourn another bungled opportunity to move the beautiful game forward in this great country of ours.

I know while trying to sound optimistic, there is some obvious pessimism in that statement. Perhaps, it is a sort of defence mechanism preventing me from getting hurt again.

I believe the quote, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me," applies here.

quote:Originally posted by mrpopulistfutebol

I agree. The BARE Minimum is that this team MUST make it to the second round at least. I am contemplating about writing a letter to the CSA on expressing my demands as well. Hopefully if they get into the second round, perhaps maybe they can make it to the QF game in Houston. I am planning to go to Houston for the Gold Cup again this summer. That or Chicago or Los Angeles, via bus.

Not Miami ?

quote:Originally posted by maccaliam

I believe the quote, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me," applies here.

I hate to nitpick, but I think the correct expression (from Texas, I know it's in Texas, probably Tennessee too) is "Fool me once, shame on... shame on you... if fooled, you can't get fooled again"

Heh, heh.

Archived