Conor Casey To Sign For TFC

Ryan Keay

Typical of this country where the officious hide behind a wall of self righteous pomposity and then blame those who ask questions for not knowing where to look for answers. Well I've had enough, I say tear down the walls of your smug intellect if your man enough to face me alone, and don't look to that mutually masturbating band of cynical quasi intellectual chimp faced bastards who pass for friends to support you on this one, you're wrong, all wrong. What's the matter with this country? Is there no one man enough to stand up to the gutless technorats? Is there no bold men of action out there who can say great erring on the side of caution I'm going for it, I'm saying I don't care if there is a hairline fracture on his xray chart if the man says he can play, his country needs him! Go for it Jason! Who cares if this kid doesn't have a birth certificate and he's been shaving since 6th grade, go for it and we'll deal with the fallout later. Worked for all the other African countries who were bold enough to fake it, they got away with it, it will work for us so don't tell me better safe than sorry even if we're proven to have hatmed the cause later better follow the rules:(

BTW I'm quitting smoking. Might be a little irritable. So they say.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by canso

Who cares if this kid doesn't have a birth certificate and he's been shaving since 6th grade, go for it and we'll deal with the fallout later. Worked for all the other African countries who were bold enough to fake it, they got away with it, it will work for us so don't tell me better safe than sorry even if we're proven to have hatmed the cause later better follow the rules:(

It worked so well for Mexico, as well. [8)]

Typical of this country where the officious hide behind a wall of self righteous pomposity and then blame those who ask questions for not knowing where to look for answers. Well I've had enough, I say tear down the walls of your smug intellect if your man enough to face me alone, and don't look to that mutually masturbating band of cynical quasi intellectual chimp faced bastards who pass for friends to support you on this one, you're wrong, all wrong. What's the matter with this country? Is there no one man enough to stand up to the gutless technorats? Is there no bold men of action out there who can say great erring on the side of caution I'm going for it, I'm saying I don't care if there is a hairline fracture on his xray chart if the man says he can play, his country needs him! Go for it Jason! Who cares if this kid doesn't have a birth certificate and he's been shaving since 6th grade, go for it and we'll deal with the fallout later. Worked for all the other African countries who were bold enough to fake it, they got away with it, it will work for us so don't tell me better safe than sorry even if we're proven to have hatmed the cause later better follow the rules:(

BTW I'm quitting smoking. Might be a little irritable. So they say.

[:0]

Yah think?

More sniping sarcastic comments bitch style.

Are you a woman? or you just argue like one?

You're no better than the cowards who pulled us out of the Copa America. All smug condescension when you've got the facts on your side but completely unable to see past your cautious statistics to take bold action.

"History honours the wise, but elevates the brave."

I forget who said that.

More sniping sarcastic comments bitch style.

Are you a woman? or you just argue like one?

You're no better than the cowards who pulled us out of the Copa America. All smug condescension when you've got the facts on your side but completely unable to see past your cautious statistics to take bold action.

"History honours the wise, but elevates the brave."

I forget who said that.

You'll have to deal with my entourage first...

funny_pirates.jpg

Wee bit of talk about Conor Casey on Inside Soccer Radio on Saturday between Greg Seltzer of Yank's Abroad and Inside Soccer's Doc Halliday. Few points and mussings echoing some of the thoughts which have already occured in this topic, but still an interesting listen especially when taking in the American prospective regarding Casey's career up to this point and more importantly, his utility for TFC.

Skootch over to file "is070224c " to fast forward to the segment relating to Casey.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally confirmed:

quote:Mar 05, 2007 12:38 PM

Associated Press

Toronto's new Major League Soccer team acquired forward Conor Casey from Mainz of the German Bundesliga.

Mainz announced Feb. 7 that it was terminating the contract of the 25-year-old, who also played for Borussia Dortmund, Hannover and Karlsruher before joining Mainz in June 2004.

"He's a striker that adds a different flavour," coach Mo Johnston said Monday.

Casey, who attended the University of Portland, has made eight appearances for the U.S. national team, the last against Cuba on July 7, 2005. He started all six games for the Americans at the 2000 Sydney Olympics.

Link from the Toronto Star website.

Edit: I found a funny little piece of code on that website... not really sure what it means. Maybe someone could help me out:

quote:Editor's note: Please incl. in 06/03/07 paper edition - all except Pick'g

Very strange.

Archived