Mo Johnston is on Prime Time News with Bob McCowan

VPjr

So was MO on or not? I watched McClown's entire hour on Sportnet, and no mention of TFC or Mo. Was he on the Radio-only portion of the show that took place earlier?

I was pretty sure that he was on the TV postion of the show because he was on after 5:30 EST but maybe they only put the 6-7 hour on TV last night. Sorry guys. check their website out. sometimes they put interviews from the previous day on their "Fan on Demand" section. You can also hear previous weeks editions of The Soccer Show with Nigel Reed and Bob Iarusci. Unfortunately, when it comes to MLS, those two are about as useful as big tits on a nun

Hey my mission in life to convert people in accepting and loving soccer. Those that don't will see the light and hopefully Bobby has been converted to the extend that he has no longer any reason to broadcast his dislikes of our game. So welcome on board Bobby.One down many more to go.

I feel like a winner that's all.

Of course I converted him.It is the trend that is appearing. The sportswriters and broadcasters must know that the writing is on the wall. The soccer t.v ratings are very good and they only seem to cover one station while there are a variety of stations that show games,just take your pick. If you were to combine all these stations well that would give a much better picture for soccer and that is early on the Sat.mornings.

They did not even list last sun.game although it must have attracted many viewers taking the teams and player in consideration.

Soccer within 10 years will be one of the greatest attraction and no matter how hard these guys will fight against that trend it will happen.

It only makes sense and let us hope that our young guys will bring back that 1972 feeling right here in Toronto,in fact i know they will,we will make sure of that.The -20 tournament will be an excellent training ground for TFC.

John, I hope you're right that soccer will be one of the top 4 sports in North America within 10 years but I have my doubts. Football (the pointy ball style), Baseball and Basketball will always be the top 3 team sports in North America. 4th place is the best we can strive for in the short to medium term and while it might be easy enough to leapfrog hockey in the US, it won't happen up here (unless the NHL is stupid enough to go on strike again).

IMO, North Americans (particularily Americans) aren't so much sports fans anymore as they are "highlight" fans and soccer simply doesn't provide the number of highlights that your typical Big3 sport does. These days, hockey can be pretty boring so maybe we can compete with the NHL for time on SportsCenter. The fact that ESPN chose to pay rights fees to show MLS games but only wanted to do a revenue sharing deal with the NHL means we might have a chance to pass hockey in the American sports arena.

quote:Originally posted by VPjr

John, I hope you're right that soccer will be one of the top 4 sports in North America within 10 years but I have my doubts. Football (the pointy ball style), Baseball and Basketball will always be the top 3 team sports in North America.

In America yes, but not necessarily North America. In Canada, basketball isn't in the top 3 right now, and I think soccer has a decent chance of matching it (if not surpassing it).

There was a time (back in the 70's & early 80's) that the big four in Canada were Hockey, Football, Baseball and Soccer. There were as many as 5 Canadian NASL teams at one point, with 0 Canadian NBA teams. Things changed on that front of course...... but they can change again, and might.

quote:Originally posted by VPjr

Baseball and Basketball will always be the top 3 team sports in North America. 4th place is the best we can strive for in the short to medium term and while it might be easy enough to leapfrog hockey in the US, it won't happen up here (unless the NHL OWNERS are stupid enough to LOCK OUT THE PLAYERS again).

Not to nit-pick, but I fixed your post.

quote:Originally posted by Loud Mouth Soup

May I call Bob during his 4-5 call-in period to get him to verify that for us?

"I hear John converted you to soccer, Bob. Is this true, and when are you having the party for John to thank him?"

Of course I did not convert him,I don't even know if he knows who I am,if he has a short memory that is.

I am surprised that you even took that serious,life ain't that easy and this as I have said before it's like converting a Irish Catholic to a Protestant.

I just really hope that he sets these crazy pre conceived ideas aside smell the grass,( my kind) and get with the wave.He would be so very smart. Running soccer down will be old hat soon and I even can be relaxed and find something else to complain about eh.

But I can tell you that the biggest media basher is Clay Berling of Soccer America whom I pale against.

I am still so curious LM what is your love affair with Bobby anyway,it seems that you know this guy very well.You still have not reacted to my offer.

quote:Originally posted by john tv

I am still so curious LM what is your love affair with Bobby anyway,it seems that you know this guy very well.You still have not reacted to my offer.

My love affair? Where are you getting this impression from? I'm merely stating opinion based on what I know from listening to him. If that angers or upsets you and your plan for soccer domination, I apologize.

Your plan? Send me a complete, written marketing and/or PR plan and I'll have my people call your people.

In which language do you want me to respond, I asked you a question sort of like a peace pipe offer,find it, and I am really not interested in talking to you people what weird answer is that. Are you for real,my people,wow.My people " That's ME" only.

Your sense of humour is not that of a joke.Maybe you find it one but hey,anyone who is in love with Bobby must have a weird sense of humour maybe somewhat distorded to be nice about it. Anyway it seems that we are back to square one again,so be it.

I will be keeping an eye on Bobby baby and I am sure that some of our guys will keep me or us informed when he looses his senses again,ok guys.

Archived