Jimmy is the first to sign.

john tv

Boy I am so impressed with Toronto FC, an other amazing media turn out.Counted 8 TV camera's GLobal, CTV, City TV,The Sports Net,CFMT,CBC,and a bunch of stills as well.The who is who in soccer was there,Guy Bradbury from the OSA, Gerry Dobson, Craig Forrest, Dick Howard, Canadian Press with two reporters, the Globe, Star and Sun,590 radio, the Fan,you name it.Jimmy was in very good spirits as well as Mo.I could not here the questions that were asked after the conference as well as the answers but I am sure this will be on every TV station or in print.

Keep up the good work Paul, this is great stuff.WOW.

what a joke!!!!!

our first player and hes not even match fit oh yeah real good.

they should have waited till the mls season was done and get a big name that way.

man i hope things get better we must be a laughing stock of the mls.

quote:Originally posted by isa

what a joke!!!!!

they should have waited till the mls season was done and get a big name that way.

Yeah, no way can he get in shape before April 2007! Yikes!

[B)]

Originally posted by isa

what a joke!!!!!

[/qyuo

your the laughing stock with such a stupid post....relax man.

The problem with this internet stuff is that you are stuck with all the idiots who want to post.It is so amazing that it seems that we rarely see upbeat people post. There is always something.Why not throw all your enthousiasm behind the Toronto FC organization, try to support them as much as you can and count your blessings that these guys are hiring a whole bunch of people and players to please us soccer fans.They invest millions of dollars, are the guiding light for our players and are a beacon of light for our future.

Gentlemen I was there and i saw the commitment to all of us, it is amazing and far better than I saw even at the Blizzard. This is big, very big and very important, not only for being a fan but also for our kids. Remember our lives are all about our kids.This is it big time!

quote:Originally posted by john tv

Boy I am so impressed with Toronto FC, an other amazing media turn out.Counted 8 TV camera's GLobal, CTV, City TV,The Sports Net,CFMT,CBC,and a bunch of stills as well.The who is who in soccer was there,Guy Bradbury from the OSA, Gerry Dobson, Craig Forrest, Dick Howard, Canadian Press with two reporters, the Globe, Star and Sun,590 radio, the Fan,you name it.Jimmy was in very good spirits as well as Mo.I could not here the questions that were asked after the conference as well as the answers but I am sure this will be on every TV station or in print.

Keep up the good work Paul, this is great stuff.WOW.

Very encouraging. Thanks for the report John.

db

ha ha ha

yo dude season starts in april.

as for jim being match fit by then only he knows.

for starters at least someones who is match fit would have been a better pick.

who knows maybe jim is damaged goods.

dwayne would be a nice pick but dont know if he is still under contract after the season is over.

If you think that Jim Brennan is not a good player then fine, you've the right to free speech and to your opinion.

But if you think it's a bad selection because he isn't match fit then you're an idiot. Almost all of TFC players, and MLS players, won't be match fit when the teams starts training camps....

Jim Brennan has been in a downhill spiral for a few years now.

After Belize he was dropped from the qualifiers, and nobody said much back then. Against Jamaica he didn't even take off his track-suit, nobody complained.

Now everybody is saying that its such a good signing for Toronto? I don't know??

Guest speedmonk42

Well, if he is not fit, then why would he play for Canada.

But because he is not game fit right now, does not mean he is a bad player or that he will not be fit come the start of the season.

They have training camps for a reason.

quote:Originally posted by stacks

Jim Brennan has been in a downhill spiral for a few years now.

After Belize he was dropped from the qualifiers, and nobody said much back then. Against Jamaica he didn't even take off his track-suit, nobody complained.

Now everybody is saying that its such a good signing for Toronto? I don't know??

He certainly had a pretty good game recently against Austria. And a lot of people said many things about him being dropped in WCQ after Belize. It was one of the reasons we finished last in our group and did not qualify for the Hex. Many people would have preferred to see Brennan against Jamaica instead of Gervais, read the post-game thread before making such ignorant comments. It was a pretty weak back four against Jamaica. That's a pretty logical argument that we didn't miss him in WCQ when we finished last in our group.

Well I am delighted with the media reports sofar. It is exactly what we need and needed for many years. I guess the MLSE and Rogers cloud is doing it's thing.Great articles in the Star and Globe.I also heard some radio reports as well as TV clips of the conference.If this keeps up that stadium will be rocking and sports in Toronto will never be the same again.If we can start this singing bit wow,it will be beyond amazing,history in the making that is.

I had an opportunity to speak to some soccer writers who said being a soccer writer you were on the end of a bunch of jokes or derogatory remarks about soccer in these sports departments. They were whishing or hoping this would go away as well.Never knew that.

Well guys things are happening and if Dero signs well that would be great. Never knew that Jimmy played in the Scarborough Soccer Association.I asked him if he was a Robbie Champion,which he is not, but played in it and always wanted to win that trophy badly.

First FC player gets some pub

By MARK KEAST -- Toronto Sun

Perhaps it was appropriate Toronto FC would roll out the signing of its first player at a downtown pub, Foggy Dew on King St., rather than at those plush, corporate offices that the team's owners, Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment Ltd., like to call home.

Not that anyone knows him well yet, but from a distance it seemed like a real comfortable setting for Toronto FC coach Mo Johnston, the Scot who was hired in August to direct the team. "He's 29, not 21. He's a professional, or else he would be hanging out in bars," Johnston said, laughing, talking about the player in question.

That player, Jim Brennan, introduced to a packed throng at the pub yesterday, seemed a little nervous with all the media types, let alone the pub revellers walking back and forth to the washroom wondering what the fuss was about. Brennan, a midfielder, Newmarket native and mainstay on the national team (playing in 43 international matches), has spent the past 10 years playing in Europe, most recently for Southampton of the Football Championship.

Toronto's Major League Soccer club has a lot of work to do to fill its roster -- 18 players on the senior roster, 10 on the developmental squad -- by the time Johnston wants to get things rolling at the training camp, later in January. The season starts in the spring of 2007.

Manager of team services Earl Cochrane said January will be a bit harried, since signed international players won't get their releases until then, although that won't stop the club from going after players not under contract. Cochrane said the team would like eight to 11 Canadians on that senior roster when the dust settles.

So Brennan needs to get the pompons out, promoting the club to his peers, especially those in Europe's professional ranks. He said yesterday he'll play up the fact the MLS is, "a good league, plus there's the (North American) lifestyle."

Johnston said Brennan brings the right passport, plus versatility as a player.

"We won't be pursuing any players in MLS right now (to fill out the roster)," Johnston said.

The MLS expansion draft will be in November. Toronto FC, like other MLS clubs, is looking at a salary cap of $1.9 million US to sign players, although Cochrane said the Toronto club, as an expansion team, is negotiating for some flexibility. Brennan signed a multi-year deal. The team wasn't releasing other contract details.

Archived