Mo it is

john tv

Don't have enough time to go into any great detail.The media conference was an amazing roaring success. I counted 17 tv cameras and a bunch of still ones as well. As Mo said in all his life as a coach he has never seen so many cameras at a soccer media conference. I totally agree. The who is who in soccer was there. Paul Birne was on the head table sitting next to Mo.His record according to the media release is 5-4-8 and as he said he only lost four times in seventeen games.It was announced that 3300 season tickets have been sold already and that is great news as well.

A very upbeat and well organized event, great foot and great future> Will the media finally realize that soccer is here to stay,I really hope so, if this turn out was any indication I can see my little dream come through.

quote:Originally posted by john tv

It was announced that 3300 season tickets have been sold already and that is great news as well.

From the Toronto FC website:

quote:Toronto FC joined Major League Soccer on May 11 as its 13th team and the first outside the United States. Toronto FC will begin play next spring at the new 20,000 seat National Soccer Stadium at Exhibition Place. To become a Toronto FC Club Member, and get first access to the best season tickets, log on to torontofc.ca. Season tickets go on sale to the public November 1.

3,300 corporate seasons tickets? 3,300 Club members?

Ah, crap.

Well, best of luck to him.

His record according to the media release is 5-4-8 and as he said he only lost four times in seventeen games.

And won....5?

You know, I wonder. Is this MLS just finding a use for a fellow they have under contract (and probably a fat one at that) or is his selection sincere?

Hey little cat, I don't know.It appeared very much to be a very sincere media conference, very upbeat and it had that Scotish humour side as well.

All the big boys seem to be shaking their heads at the right time and all comments were very positive . No derogatory stuff came up and as I said this one was very well attended.

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

You know, I wonder. Is this MLS just finding a use for a fellow they have under contract (and probably a fat one at that) or is his selection sincere?

I believe only player contracts are held by the league.

Coaches and other staff are paid by the teams.

Thanks guys for the lack of interest, amazing as well. I guess there is nothing to criticize other than my spelling. Hey guys things are happening and maybe even behind our backs. This is big very big, take it from me I know.It is even more fascinating when you realize that anyone attending was way above the playing age. In fact none that attended was of playing age. So here we are it is all about our kids or to be more precise all about our very young and gifted Canadian young and aspiting soccer players. So to all these old geesers thanks for all that money and let us hope that we can provide the support our young Canadian soccer players need and I feel should demand big time. Yes it is time for the recognition of our great youth.

It also seems that any time a very important media conference takes place I am the only one that represents this board. No I did not sign in as such.We must set up a liason with the Tornto FC to ensure that we are in the loop and we have some input after all.We are the only ones that can make the noise sing our songs and make the players feel at home. Spoke to the president of the Liverpool Supporters group, who was will9ing to discuss starting this singing bit. Anyway I am working on it. Between those guys,the Celtic and Rangers as well as the Man u fans we may change the whole Canadian scenery. As far as we are concerned we must roll up our sleeves and get very serious about our role in Canadian soccer and we must get organized. That's all.

quote:Originally posted by JayWay

I think what they mean is that 3300 deposits have been laid down for season tickets.

I hope you are right.....the whole point of the deposit was getting front of the line access to season tix and I, for one, have never been contacted about turning my deposit into a purchase....has anyone else?

quote:

I hope you are right.....the whole point of the deposit was getting front of the line access to season tix and I, for one, have never been contacted about turning my deposit into a purchase....has anyone else?

the TFC members will be contacted first, before the public. We've been holding off contacting people for a couple of reasons - we've been in hiring mode for sales and service people, we've been creating an office space (there is no room left at MLSEL), and now we're waiting for delivery of our office equipment...4 weeks away. We've gone public with the Nov 1 date, so now we're committed to getting it done by then. We expect to announce pricing by end of september, then contact all the members in order. A month will be tight but we'll get it done.

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

Ah, crap.

Well, best of luck to him.

His record according to the media release is 5-4-8 and as he said he only lost four times in seventeen games.

And won....5?

Goes to show that the MLS coaching pool is rather shallow.

quote:Originally posted by isa

hey mls?

can you shed some light on this?

how come you hire a coach before you get a gm?

whats up with that?

"ricogreen" at www.usector.ca posted the following:

The Globe and Mail reports that there won't be a GM for Toronto FC. Johnston will share the GM duties with club business operations director Paul Beirne (mlsintoronto).

Archived