Toronto Blizzard: Fact or Fiction

I'm appalled that RealGooner (who happens to be a participant here on Voyageur) has been writing these outrageous comments on BigSoccer.com. For him to say we are a silent minority is an insult to the Blizzard grass-roots movement of which myself and David Bailey have been part of since the late 70's. I realise that RealGooner is intitled to his democratic rights, but he shouldn't be distorting facts from fiction. You are obviously not from Toronto. I don't think you have lived in Toronto for a long time. This is what RealGooner has been posting on BigSoccer.com:

"...We're going to work on the atmosphere thing, IMO its important to sustaining interest in attending MLS games. As for the Blizzard thing, don't be fooled, they arent a majority, they're just really vocal..."

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

1. Indeed, not a majority.

2. Indeed, vocal.

Aside: David Bailey has been seen by people; you haven't.

Daniel, for a guy who has not lived in Toronto, nor has followed the Toronto soccer scene, I find your comments extremely insolent. You have no rights to be part of this debate, especially for a Montrealer like you. I hate to tell you this, but you remind me of every Montrealer that comes to Toronto and says the following statements when trashing Toronto: "...Oh!!! I hate Toronto... I wish I could go back to Montreal... This city is so up-tight... We, Montrealers are so liberal minded... I can't stand Toronto's Anglo conservative style... You're restaurents are so crummy... Your streets do not have the flare of ancient civilization... Torontonians do not have passion for love, music, fashion, etc..." You people bore the hell out me. If you don't like Toronto then don't come.

Luis, why would you be 'appalled' by what RealGooner has to say?

He's entitled to his opinion, which just so happens to differ from your own. He didn't say that he wouldn't support the team if it ends up being named Toronto Blizzard, just that he prefers a different name for the team.

quote:Originally posted by Luis_Rancagua

For him to say we are a silent minority is an insult to the Blizzard grass-roots movement[/br]

I did not call you guys a 'silent minority'. The quote of mine you are using completely contradicts the 'silent' part you are claiming. And it isn't an insulting comment either, so I stand by it.

Are you coming on Jan 22 Luis? I'm already winning 2-0 on public appearances, you're falling behind!:D

I'll buy ya a beer.....

"...We're going to work on the atmosphere thing, IMO its important to sustaining interest in attending MLS games. As for the Blizzard thing, don't be fooled, they arent a majority, they're just really vocal..."

Daniel, for a guy who has not lived in Toronto, nor has followed the Toronto soccer scene, I find your comments extremely insolent. You have no rights to be part of this debate, especially for a Montrealer like you. I hate to tell you this, but you remind me of every Montrealer that comes to Toronto and says the following statements when trashing Toronto: "...Oh!!! I hate Toronto... I wish I could go back to Montreal... This city is so up-tight... We, Montrealers are so liberal minded... I can't stand Toronto's Anglo conservative style... You're restaurents are so crummy... Your streets do not have the flare of ancient civilization... Torontonians do not have passion for love, music, fashion, etc..." You people bore the hell out me. If you don't like Toronto then don't come.

You forgot "Torontonians are Amish who drive cars" :)

Easy Luis. Let's keep things in perspective. As for majority, there is no majority for anything to do with soccer in this country. We're a very "diverse" group.

See you on the 22nd.

db

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

However, I imagine if you were getting any sort of action from the hot Montreal chicks you wouldn't be spending all of your time making anti-Toronto MLS posts.

Isn't that the case for all of us? I mean ass half that good keeps me from spending my time making anti-Tornoto posts. In then one might ask about the quality of the women in toronto that keeps so many of you toronto natives posting anti-anti-toronto posts? j/k

Archived