Dec 26 - Feyenoord-AZ [R]

john tv

De Kuip will be rocking tomorrow.The two coaches Koeman and Louis Van Gaal know what is nat stake,first place in the Dutch Honour Division. Feyenoord has a winning record against AZ,but Feyenoord lost ntheir last two games,against my home team ADO and for the Cup against RODA.The pressure is immense and more so on Jonathan De Guzman,Jonathan is the motor of this Feyenoord team.Koeman is changing the system to a 4-4-2.It is ironic that my brother is the president of the AZ supporters club thousands of them. Many busses will be on their way to Rotterdam and it is expected to be a sell out,some 55000 of them.I really hope that Feyenoord wins and Jonathan scores the winning goal,just to give my brother some stick.Just amazing stuff this 18 year old. I was told that there is a fabulous half hour video on Jonathan, on his soccer life in Holland.

Jonathan took care of Guus Hiddinks team,will he do the same with Louis Van Gaal,amazing sdtuff,good luck Jonathan.

Yeah. I lived in nearby Schoorl for 6 months as part of an exchange program and could never get my hands on any AZ tickets because the small stadium, Alkmaarderhout (7300 or so), was always sold out. So my next six months in Amsterdam, I got an Ajax Club Card and had to pretend to like them.

quote:Originally posted by jonovision

Yeah. I lived in nearby Schoorl for 6 months as part of an exchange program and could never get my hands on any AZ tickets because the small stadium, Alkmaarderhout (7300 or so), was always sold out. So my next six months in Amsterdam, I got an Ajax Club Card and had to pretend to like them.

My loyalties are all over the place as well,first Ajax,originaly ADO,than AZ and now Feyenoord.Being an Ajax fan was kind of playing it safe,specialy in the old days.I rechecked the AZ site and the stadium only holds 14000. My brother originally told me 20000.If you go to the AZ site you will see the stadium layout and desription. Looks amazing and I was surprised by the capacity.Although most ere divisie games in Holland never attract more than 8 or 9 thousand spectators,only the 4 or 5 big boys attract more.

quote:Originally posted by john tv

More amazing stuff,Feyenoord leads and guess who scored the first goal,our guy Jonathan after 8 minutes,score at half time Feyenoord 2-AZ 0

Sorry guys Jonathan scored the second goal after 8 minutes,it was a beauty according to all the newspapers,describing it as this fabulous young Canadian talent who showed his outstanding skills in passing several players and put the ball away with a low shot,leaving the goallie no chance.If you go on the Feyenoord site you will see pictures of him being congratulated by his team mates.

I wonder what my brother has to say,thanks Bobby

This is what the coach had to say and was published in Hollands most influencial and biggest newspaper,from Amsterdam, de Telegraaf.

It was an exciting game said the former Dutch International,of course if the score becomes 2-1 we are in some trouble,but it could have been 3-0.

Koeman spoke about the fantastic play of the teenager De Guzman.What he posseses at the age of 18 some of our 30 year olds don't have and will never have.He playes with great courage, very technical,great initiatives and great movement,this is a super talent.We have to continue to develop this,at the present time he is doing very well.

------

This is indeed amazing stuff and to realize that he played in a sold out stadium 51000 and the crowds were singing his name.

Julian was in the stands.

Some X mas present hey guys.

As I said aa

Here is a torrent for the complete match (667MB) (thanks to "afterthewarfr" from MaXxed Football Forums).

Here is de Guzman's goal (7.69MB) that I extracted from the first half. Dialup users may prefer a shortened version (1.64MB) that omits celebrations and replays. (A new window will open. You'll have to wait for the 45-second timer at the top right of the page to reach 0 and turn into a download button. At some point you'll also have to close a small popup window that appears over the timer/button.)

-Have you finished the download but are having problems playing the .avi file? You will need to do one of two things.

1. Download the XviD codec, available here:

http://www.divx-digest.com/software/xvid.html

2. Dowload VLC media player, which plays basically everything immaginable. Available here:

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Thanks DJT, I am downloading the full game,takes a couple of hours.In the meantime I read an article in which Jonathan said that he is in Holland for the Soccer,but prefers to live in Canada.I also saw a quote by one of the players who complemented Jonathans father about his play following the game against Roda which they lost and he replied well he lost.The player concluded that the father did not want Jonathan to be conceded.

This Saturday night there is a TV special on Jonathan on Dutch television in which Jonathan's father is also interviewed.

Well that is the latest and a lot more to come.

Maybe its just me, but...... if you look anytime the feynoord team attacks and he isnt involved, u can see hit stand there and not even attack wiht them. I dunno if this is tactical or just a lack of somthing.

On a positive, when he was involved in the play, he was spectacular and that goal reminded me somewhat of Henry.

quote:Originally posted by john tv

My loyalties are all over the place as well,first Ajax,originaly ADO,than AZ and now Feyenoord.Being an Ajax fan was kind of playing it safe,specialy in the old days.I rechecked the AZ site and the stadium only holds 14000. My brother originally told me 20000.If you go to the AZ site you will see the stadium layout and desription. Looks amazing and I was surprised by the capacity.Although most ere divisie games in Holland never attract more than 8 or 9 thousand spectators,only the 4 or 5 big boys attract more.

How can someone proclaim loyalty when they have switched their support so often?

Archived