Any word on the Francophone Games?

Daniel

Not sure if you were trying to be "devious" with that quaere or not [smile] but I'll "bite".

No you do not need to be French Canadian to play for Canada in the Francophone games...mind you in Niger, it might be easier to get along and around in the cafeteria line-up if you do....

Guest Jeffery S.

The football competition runs from the 5th to the 19th of December.

Odd to see Peters and De Jong on that list, I would think they should be with their clubs, especially the latter, who is playing full games each week with them.

As there are separate delegations of Canada-Québec and Canada-New Brunswick, we could have actually seen football squads from both, but I suppose they agreed to let the CSA take one team.

I didn't know that Ramalho was from Newf'nlaan'.

The definitive selection :

Goalkeepers : David Monsalve, Adam Catley

Defenders : Nicolas Suter, Joey Loreth, Kyle Bartkus, Masumi Turnbull, Alex Braletic, Gabriel Séguin-Gauthier

Midfielders : Christian Nunez, Hector Contreras, Jonathan Beaulieu-Bourgault, Kerr McLeod, Pierre-Rudolph Mayard

Strikers : Alex Elliott, Massimo Di Ioia, Dominic Oppong, Mike D'Agostino

Trainer : Rudy Doliscat

Hainault has had to decline the offer to travel to both Morroco and Niger as he is still at Derby County FC and will soon join another club if manager Phil Brown doesn't put an offer on the table in the next while. He needs to be seen by interested clubs prior to the Jan-1 window opening.

quote:Originally posted by bmac

Not sure if you were trying to be "devious" with that quaere or not [smile] but I'll "bite".

No you do not need to be French Canadian to play for Canada in the Francophone games...mind you in Niger, it might be easier to get along and around in the cafeteria line-up if you do....

Wasn't trying to be devious, just interested

Archived