Petition against the CSA

Mpenza

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Franky

funny, why wasn't a petition floating around when Montreal was entering the 1993 APSl season. they got the same blessing from Kevan Pipe. [8]

booohoooo......i'll mail you a tissue, stuff it up your arse.

it'll about the 3000 mls soccer fans in a city of 4.5 million and a select corporation getting Major League welfare money. anyone who speaks the truth is a crybaby.

long live the revolt against the armpit of Canada.

it took some years, but;

the NASL was instrumental in helping Canada qualify for the '86 WC.

and in previous attempts, Canada came fairly close. Not to mention, a shot at a medal in the 1984 Olympics, FnCK!! that was a goal by Gerry Gray, dammittt!!!!

the CSL was instrumental in Canada coming very close to qualifying for '94 WC with ONLY ONE SPOT AVAILABLE.

What has the APSL, A-LEAGUE, USL...whatever you want to call it!!! done for Canadian soccer??????.....NIL, ZERO, NADA, CAZZO IN GULo[:P]

MLS, since it was created, the USA has qualified in every WC, '98, '02, '06 get that into your HEAD my friend, be realistic. Canadian soccer has fallen to the bottom of the barrel, The Whiteknobs, LimpAct and the Stynx all compete against American rejects.

Don't be jealous, if i lived in Montreal and was a supporter for the LimpAct, i would be actually upset with Joey Saputo because he bailed on a season on you guys, sold the team to the Ionian group which was a disaster and with all the coin from the family business (thanks in part to LINO SAPUTO!!!!) he never made an attempt to jump into the MLS, although he always had the opportunity way before Toronto was even concieving the thought of entering the MLS but did he??? NO!!!

if you had owners as in, the Hartrells, you would be dancing in the streets with the announcement of the MLS. Hartrells are a disgrace to soccer in this city and we fans in this city had to put up with alot of crap. Good riddance abnd WELCOME MLS!!!!!!!!!

if the Whiteknobs or you LimpAct got hte opportunity to jump into the MLS, i guarantee, all the fans here in T.o. would fully support the move. But as you indicated, its jealousy that takes precedent as the feeling across Canada and this is why the country is never truly unified and always remains separated with crybabies from SEA TO SHINING SEA. Don't worry, you guys will have your day in the MLS and have the opportunity to beat us. so, don't fret with your measly petition.

Don't mind G-Man, Franky.

He's not actually anti-MLS so much as he seems to be anti-everything when it comes to Canadian soccer. No league or club seems to be beyond his negativity, not the old Blizzard, not the Impact, not the NASL, the MLS, the A-League or the CPSL.

One has to wonder exactly why G-Man actually posts here, exactly.

I was always convinced that these so called hooligans in England may have been financed by major sports in the US. There was a lot at stake and it appeared that they were very succesfull in killing soccer. Maybe this jerk is one of these planted terrorist.

actually, the post was meant for Mpenza.

i had a post drawn up for the Goofy-Man, but deleted it because not really worth the time. continues with senseless jibberish...bzzz...bzzz...but, but, but....t.O. blows hoes, blah, blah, blah... i am smarter and this is a conspiracy and T.O. has hair in their armpits....throw out numbers without facts, yah whatever

i guess the effects of crystal meth hasn't worn off, yet. However, if he is truly from the east coast then it must me the Percs talking.

quote:Originally posted by john tv

I was always convinced that these so called hooligans in England may have been financed by major sports in the US. There was a lot at stake and it appeared that they were very succesfull in killing soccer. Maybe this jerk is one of these planted terrorist.

Wow.

This theory may be your most bizarre one yet.

How many of those glasses of white wine did you have last night? [:P]

Hey it seems this world is controlled or run by terrorist,maybe these guys were the first ones. Rudi i don't know,but I do know when I was with the Blizzard there were to many things that went wrong or even appeared to interfere that I felt that this was no coincidence. this being an auditor by training which taught me never, never to assume anything.I was conviced that we were up against this you may call soccer terrorism,yes extremely far fetched and sounds crazy, but that's what I felt and realized we were up against. the media was part of this phenomina and organized or not they all appeared to have the same answers,the same lack of input and the same critiisism,plus at that time England and other countries were ramoant with these riots.There was a lot at stake.Can't provce it but I just could not find anyn other answer. yes there were even occasioms were i did have some proof of sabbotage.Rudi we are living in a very devious world and mony can by and or do anything.Let us hope that this fantasy I have will not repeat itself and I am totally wrong.OK.

Rudi just to make it clear I was responding to your observation about GL which I felt could be explained by my silly therory,like it or not. Still trying to figure out this guy and his motives. maybe we should ask him some pertinent questions in relation to out game. Can you think of any that might smoke this guy out. let's give it a try Rudi, you are first.

Just to be clear, my observation was about G-Man, not Gian-Luca.

With that out of the way, I can honestly say john that I don't really know G-Man's motives, all I can judge him on is his posts, which have been overwhelmingly negative towards anything and everything to do with Canadian soccer.

As for your theory, I'm still not sure where you got that from, but it made me chuckle, which you usually do. Please note that this is not malicious, as I respect your obvious love for the game here in Canada (and abroad), and while I vehemently disagree with a lot of what you say, I realize that you've seen a lot more than I have.

I was unaware that you were at the Toronto get-together yesterday until after you had left. Next time I'll be sure to say hi.

Not only that I saw you yesterday,oops Sunday and I am twice your size.Not that it matters,your mouth or I guess your fingers maybe my size. yes I have seen and experienced so much more than anyone on this board. not bragging just observing.I have never found anyone who totally agreed with me although John MacMahon also maintained that something fishy was going on while he was manager of the Blizzard. my old buddy Jim Hubay was also conconced that the Canadian media was totally against soccer in canada and thought this was organized. I know that my phone lines were bugged. I once wrote a letter to the Russian sports minister and i thought that this may have started something. My lines were being bugged,this I knew.A lot of things happened in the past that are unexplainable and quite mysterious.Again there is a lot of money at stake and it may very well be that some of the other sports tried to stop soccer.These funny little guys were sometimes exposed and levoila the Watergate.This GL guy is a weirdo and I really don't know why he is on this board other than with very deviuous intentions as I have related to.It is indeed a shame that we still are up against this thing that make people shudder or wonder about their alternitave motives.

Next time I will buy you half a beer, you are not that tall and only good for half!

quote:Originally posted by Franky

if the Whiteknobs or you LimpAct got hte opportunity to jump into the MLS, i guarantee, all the fans here in T.o. would fully support the move. But as you indicated, its jealousy that takes precedent as the feeling across Canada and this is why the country is never truly unified and always remains separated with crybabies from SEA TO SHINING SEA. Don't worry, you guys will have your day in the MLS and have the opportunity to beat us. so, don't fret with your measly petition.

Yes yes yes...

A couple questions for you :

What has the CSA done for the development of soccer in Canada in recent years?

What has MLSE done for soccer in Canada in recent years?

Would you be fully supportive if the Canadian government took gosh knows how many millions of tax dollars to build a stadium in, say, Vancouver, without investing one single cent elsewhere in the country?

Would you be fully supportive if the CSA would tell T.O. they can't join the MLS for the next 4 years, because Montreal, or Vancouver are joining it?

Now, what have Saputo and Kerfoot done for soccer in Canada in recent years? It's just a matter of respect you know. That is it, really.

Besides, MLSE is in there for the money and nothing else, while the owners of the other pro teams in Canada are in it for the sport. Is that the way to go for Canadian soccer? We're crappy, we're not going to the World Cup, so let's focus one ONE COMPANY to pull us out of our misery? One team, no structure, no system, no development of young players, no future. Yes, let's support this, so we can see Freddy Adu and Landon Donovan play on TV more often...

I applaude you.

Mpenza, you're wrong if you think owners are in any pro sport for 'the good of the game'. This is a dream that fans like to believe, but is never true. Pro sports teams are still a business.

I don't think anyone in their right mind thinks that one MLS team in Toronto will save soccer in Canada on its own. But most believe its a step in the right direction. The status quo just isn't good enough anymore and the pan-Canadian pro-league is not going to happen in the near future.

Why don't you start a petition asking for the Quebec gov't to stop subsidising the Impact?

quote:Originally posted by Massive Attack

Mpenza, you're wrong if you think owners are in any pro sport for 'the good of the game'. This is a dream that fans like to believe, but is never true. Pro sports teams are still a business.

The Impact is a non profit organization which reinvests its profits in the development of soccer in Quebec. Enough said.

quote:Originally posted by Mpenza

What has MLSE done for soccer in Canada in recent years?

1. Got a stadium deal done

2. Got a team in MLS

As for a non-facetious answer, I'll ask you a question. Is the CSA supposed to turn away any new investors into the game, simply because they 'haven't done' anything for soccer in recent years?

While I think the CSA has put too much effort into this Toronto MLS team at the expence of the rest of the country I will not be signing this online petition. I think this Toronto team will be good for this country; however, I really think the CSA have not done enough for Vancouver and Montreal. Saying that the USL is an amateur league and the MLS will not hurt these teams is just disrespectful. At the very least say its a lesser league and make some comparison that is less damaging to the three pro teams currently in this country would be more tasteful. I have said all along that Vancouver doesn't need a handout, but it could use a hand. The rumor here is that the city of vancouver wants a two year review (Currently they have a six month primary review), after they have again rumored to have filled the whitecaps with the false hope of city land for two years for the the new stadium. If the CSA lobbied all thee level of government here to cut through the red tape with the effort they used in Toronto to get the stadium paid for, many people on this side of the country wouldn't be so hostile towards whats happening in hogtown.

Completely off topic, but the CSA should be glad that i'm not kerfoot or Sappoto because I would have just packed up shop at this point and bought a lower level team in europe. I follow the Swiss League pretty closely and teams there have sold for as low as one franc (plus Twenty million in debt) in recent years. It sure FC SION could be bought today for half what the whitecaps new stadium will cost and for that extra money could be Champions league bound in a few years. Plus I could ski in the alps instead of the North Shore Mountains. ;)

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

1. Got a stadium deal done

What do you know about that deal anyway?

Let me tell you what's behind it. MLSE paid 8 million dollars, and in return, THEY manage a 65-million dollar stadium and THEY make money out of it FOR THE NEXT 20 YEARS. Sweet deal indeed. Anyone would've done the same.

It has NOTHING to do with soccer though, it's all about a stadium, and if that includes paying 10 million bucks for an MLS team, what the heck, it doesn't change much. The stadium is not gonna vanish if the team folds in 2009, now will it? And the deal they have runs until 2027, so why bother about soccer when you have a stadium with which you can make money (even on Canadian national soccer teams games) for the next 20 years?

I'm just saying... check every detail of that MLSE thingy before you support it. sure on the short term, it's great for you guys in T.O. Heck, I might even go to a game or two, but in the long run, is it really profitable for Canadian Soccer as a whole? Allow me to doubt that.

That said, this is my last post here. If you don't agree with this petition, just don't sign it, but don't waste your time signing it with insults, they will be deleted.

Archived